35. See You Very Soon!

🎄🎄🎄

🎄🎄🎄

🎶 Carol of the bells - Pentatonix

"Christmas is forever, not for just one day. For loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away." – Norman Wesley Brooks

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

December 23, 2019

The bell sound was audible, informing all of the remaining student in the dormitory that the winter break already arrived. James hurriedly packed the last clothes inside his backpack. James was never a suitcase person, he always travelled with his backpack, a true backpacker indeed.

Scott, whom already finished packing his belongings from the night before, waited impatiently for his best friend—also roommate on the door frame. He rolled his eyes at struggled James, "Come on, James."

"Just give some more time," James exclaimed, struggling to zip his backpack close. Scott sighed, "I told you to pack last night."

"Okay, done," James put on his backpack and walked past Scott whom closed the door afterwards, "good."

They walked outside the building and found a girl waiting for their arrival. James tapped her shoulders with both of his hands and the girl jumped in surprise.

"James!" Emily protested. She turned herself around to see James and Scott standing next to each other, laughing together. Emily let put an exasperated sigh, "you scared the hell out of me. And what took you so long?"

"James being James again," Scott acknowledged her. Emily eyes narrowed as she looked at him, "you just packed?"

"Er, sort of?"

"Ah, well," Emily shrugged before hugged the boys goodbye, "Merry Christmas you guys! I'll see you soon!"

"Your ride is here?"

"Yeah, my parents pick me up," She exclaimed happily making James opened his mouth in shock, "how? Your parents?"

James never thought this would happen to Emily. Ever since they started going to boarding school, Emily's parent never picked her up. She would drive back to Boston with James and his father.

"Yes, it's weird but I really grateful. Maybe it's a Christmas miracle, after all," Emily admitted. James nodded and smiled brightly, "I'm happy for you, Em. You need help?"

"It's okay, I got this," Emily smiled at her best friends.

"Let us walk you to your car," James and Scott walked her to her parent's car and greeted Mr. and Mrs. Watson whom surprisingly in a jolly mood. They exchanged Christmas wishes before Mr. Watson started the engine and drove home.