Harry

I run through the fat lady's portrait, through the common room and up the stairs to the boys dormitory. I start shaking Ron violently. "Ron, get up, I need to show you something." "Huh, what, what's going on?" Ron rolls out of his bed and falls hard on the floor. I grab one of the pillows off Ron's bed and throw it towards Nico. We hear he sound of his knife swishing through the air and Nico steps out of his bed covered in feathers. "What", he snarls. "There's something you have to see."

Ron and Nico slip on their shoes and follow me out the portrait hole. I lead therm through the winding hallways and tangled corridors so fast i barely register my two friends struggling to keep up. When I find the right door i burst through it. I grab ron by the arm and drag him in front of the Mirror. "Look, do you see them." His face lights up. "That's me!" He exclaims. "I'm head boy, and qudditch captain and i look good." i look back into the mirror where my parents are standing next to me clear as day. Maybe everyone sees something different. I turn to Nico. "Hey Nico what do you..." I trail off as i see Nicos face. Tears are welling up in his eyes, his mouth is hanging open and his face is contorted in pure misery. "Nico" I say gently. Suddenly the darkness of the room deepens, the shadows swirl around him and then he was gone. When we get back to the common room we find Nico sitting in an armchair staring at the fireplace. "Nico", I say gently. "Are you okay?" Nico doesn't respond. "I dont understand." Ron exclaims. "Harry and i both saw things that made us happy. What did you see that caused you to freak out?" Nico turned towards us with tears pouring down his cheeks. "I saw a person who i do not know. And who i do not expect to meet anytime soon." With that cryptic remark he pulled himself out of the armchair and walked up to the dormitories. Ron threw his arms into the air. "Why does he have to talk in riddles? The little shrew." I punch Ron in the arm. "Can't you see hes upset?" "Of course i can." Ron acknowledges rubbing his arm. "I'm just saying he could have just said he didn't want to talk about it. But instead he made a comment like that. He just likes to screw with us."

The swishing of the curtains and the bright light wake me up. I squint up to find Hermione frowning down at me. Looking around i see that she has also woken Ron in a similar manner. "What the hell Hermione." She frowns. "The hell, Harry." She begins in a lecturing voice. "Is that when I went on Holiday it was my understanding that you three would continue researching Nicholas flammel. And yet here you are at 11:on in the morning sound asleep." I squint, trying to remember where i am. "Wait. What's happening now?" Hermione rolls her eyes. "Get dressed, we're going to the library." She begins walking over towards Nicos bed with its curtains still drawn. "Maybe you shouldn't." I say urgently. She turns back to me with a curious expression on her ace. "Why?" I bite my lip. "He was kind of upset last night." I tell her about the weird mirror. "Maybe it would be better if we just let him sleep." Hermione crosses her arms. "Or maybe we could help talk him through whatever has him so upset like caring supporting friends you inconsiderate dolt. I mean honestly. Boys!" She walks over to his bed and pulls back the curtain. After a moments pause her blood curdling scream pierces the silence. Ron and i both jump out of bed and rush over to Nicos bed. Hermione mouth is hanging open in shock, tears are pouring down her face. When i look down at nico my breath catches in my throat. His skin is even paler than usual. His eyes are half open half close. His silver knife is resting in his hand covered in blood. And his forearms slashed open.