Double B

Hanbin's POV

"Jiwon..." I took the earphones out when the song ended. 

"I'm... I'm sorry." He apologized, "I know it might not be good. I had just a week..." 

"No, Jiwon. It's amazing." I shook my head and took his hand in my own.

"You're amazing..." I said softly. 
He really is.

The fact I found someone who's accepting me, that doesn't try to change me or annoyed by my hobbies and habits...

He's really perfect. 

How the hell I even deserve him? 

He can't possibly be real with everything he has done for me over the time we're together. 

"It's... It's just a song..." Jiwon blushed, looking away. 

I shook my head again. It's not just a song.
It told me about his feelings toward me, how he fell in love with me. Jiwon really put a lot of thought into it and I couldn't believe he really came up with something like this in so little time.

It really was the best gift I could ask for my birthday. 

My princess is amazing. And I'm so so happy I got the courage to talk with him that day and even I was even happier he asked me out. 

God, that day... 

He was annoyed at me but then asked me on a date out of sudden. 

I was sure I'm hearing things but my heart was beating so fast and I got so excited I completely forgot that feelings only hurt me to that point. 

I even thought I couldn't care less if it's a one time thing. 
Getting my feelings hurt by Kim Jiwon would be worth this one date. 

And then came the second date and the third and I found myself really falling for him with each date we went to. I was telling myself I can't like him, and yet...
when we kissed for the first time...

I never felt like this.
It was quick but it also felt so... right.

Every interaction I had with him felt right. 

Every day we spent working on a new track together. Every time we went on a date. Every time we talked on the phone about every nonsense possible... 

Everything. 

"Send me the song." I asked, "and the off vocal if you still have it." 

He frowned. "What do you need the instrumental for?" 

"Reasons." I smiled. "It's my song. You can't say no to me." 

He was still confused but didn't argue, mumbling a quiet 'okay'. 
I don't remember when was the last time I felt this happy. 

My boyfriend really is amazing. 

The waitress soon came with our order and we started to eat, catching up with each other's studies. 

Jiwon seemed a lot less nervous now and I wanted to laugh at myself for thinking he was about to break up with me. 

It's not completely ridiculous considering my past with relationships, but that's definitely wasn't the direction now. Jiwon loved me. And he made me change so much... 

He made me look at life with a more optimistic view. That it's worth to keep trying.
He also was the one who made me trust relationships again and push Junhoe to give the whole thing with Jinhwan another try. 

Those two deserved a happy ending with each other. And I'm so happy that my best friend got the only guy who could make him happy. 

I looked at him as he ate, remembering our meeting after detention. 

He agreed to come with me after I suggested to buy him a slice of pizza, and soon after we started dating I understood that's his weakness. 

He was so focused on his slice that he barely cared about the fact he's spending time with me. 
No mean comments. No cursing. 
Only two guys who are writing lyrics together. 

And that's the first time I actually enjoyed someone else's company.

We finished eating and Jiwon paid for our food even though I insisted on paying for my part. 

But he ignored me, paying the waitress and we walked out. But instead of going to his car, we walked a bit by foot, finding a park not far from there. 

We walked for a bit, holding hands. 
I swung them and Jiwon showed no objection to my actions. 

"Do you remember our first date?" I asked, looking up at the trees which were covered with fairy lights. 

"The one where you showed your awful arcade skills?" He chuckled, shaking his head. "Yeah, I remember..." 

We found a set of swings and sat down. 

"I told you about my past relationships in the park... Because I wanted you to know..." I said quietly. "I never saw you as an enemy. I actually liked you since 9th grade, but pushed my feelings away. I... I didn't want to get hurt again." 

"Hanbin..." 

I smiled softly, looking at him. "I'm glad I met you, Kim Jiwon. And I'm thankful to you for giving me a chance. I had a pretty... Pessimistic view on life before. With my problems, with Junhoe's life... But you helped me see it doesn't have to be this way." 

"I'll start crying if you won't shut up..." Jiwon threatened, looking away. 

He was probably blushing, like always. 
I couldn't help but smile, pushing myself up to start swinging. 

Jiwon did the same, and for a few minutes, we swung in the park without saying a word. 

Even having him by my side without saying a word to each other comforted me.
It brought me a certain peace I felt only with Jiwon. And I liked it.
I couldn't wait for us to finish college so we'll be able to see each other more often.
Maybe even move in together...

Before we walked back to his car, we took a selfie together because Jiwon really insisted, saying Jinhwan made him promise to send a cute picture of us. 

So I wrapped my arm around his waist as he positioned his phone, quickly pressing a kiss over his cheek when he pressed the button. 

Jiwon blushed again, but the photo turned out good, so I asked him to send me that too. 
He mumbled something which sounded like 'idiot' as we made our way back. 

_________________________________

A/N: Hey!
I'm sorry for the big delay in the update!
I was working on a double B fanart (which you can see in the beginning) and it took me 4 days to complete!
My cat bothered me a lot so it took longer than expected.

I'm really sorry and I hope you enjoyed the chapter! ❤️