Chapter 1

"Wake up Belle!" My cousin Nymphadora Tonks said shaking my shoulders.

"No, go away and let me sleep, dammit!" I grumbled as I tried to go to sleep again.

"No! You know the train leaves at eleven, and by the way it's ten o'clock." She said quite casually. My eyes shot open and I quickly checked the time on the wall clock. Apparently she was correct. I sprinted downstairs still in my pajamas in a bit of a panic. Surprisingly not tripping or falling. I skidded into the kitchen and my eyes fell on the oven clock stating it was eight o'clock, and I wasn't late after all.

"NYMPHADORA TONKS! I WILL KILL YOU!" I yelled as I stormed over to the dining table and sat down, no chance of me going back to sleep now. A chuckle made me look up towards the doorway where my Aunt and Uncle were standing, still in their nightclothes too.

"Why're you killing my daughter this time?" Aunt Meda asked me, heading over to the pantry.

"She woke me up and told me it was ten?" It came out more of a question than a statement. Uncle Ted laughed as he sat down at the table opposite me.

A faint pop announced my mischievous cousin's arrival. With a grin on her face she pulled out a chair next to me and sat down.

"Mornin'!" She drawled.

"Dora, you know better than to mess with your cousin." Uncle Ted scolded her in a lighthearted matter.

"Why not? It's no longer her birthday." She muttered under her breath as she picked up the Daily Prophet.

Aunt Meda stepped away from the pantry and flicked her wand and four bowls of leftover cake and ice cream glided through the air and settled on the table, quickly followed by a set of spoons.

It was nine o'clock by the time we'd finished breakfast, what can I say, my family are suckers for junk food. Aunt Meda was the first to leave the room, however she returned shortly carrying a silver carry cage in one hand, and a paper bag in the other.

No way! They had not bought me a kitten, had they?

"Happy belated birthday!" She said as she set the cage and paper bag on the floor, unlatching the cage door and handing me the tiny kitten. It was mostly black with white paws and another white patch around her nose, she stared up at me with the most beautiful blue eyes. "She's unnamed as of yet!" Aunt Meda said.

I looked back at the kitten, I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. That's it, that's her name!

"Hello Lucky." I whispered to her.

"Thank you, so much guys!" I said happily as I gently put Lucky back into her carry cage.

"You better go get ready now, we're leaving for the station at ten." Aunt Meda said.

I nodded as I picked up Lucky's cage and the paper bag full of cat food and headed upstairs to my bedroom. I settled Lucky down on the bed before I hurried to the bathroom to get ready. I took my customarily half hour shower before having to rush through everything else. My hair brush got stuck in the tangled mess that was my hair no less than 3 times. I put the bare minimum of makeup on so I'd look presentable for my first day of school this year, and not the horrid mess I was over the summer. Finally I packed away the last of my possessions into my trunk and checked on Lucky, who had fallen asleep in the far corner of her carrier.

When we arrived at the station it was bustling with muggles and wizard families failing at blending in. We had half an hour to go, but when we stepped onto the smoky platform it was already filled with families and pets.

I put my hand in my pocket and felt the prefect badge sitting there and I sighed. What was Dumbledore thinking making me the fifth year female Slytherin prefect? I really don't like my house, but apparently I belong, I mean I do, I have the qualities for the house, but I don't belong with the people in the house.