Rain

Noah had a safe place outside of Richmond with his family before he got taken from the Grady Memorial Hospital. He wants to go find them. We all agreed to go. Him and Beth wanted to go there. Beth and Daryl are together now. Carol is up and walking now but she has to be careful. Maggie and I found our little sister and we found Carol safe and sound.

We were all too desperate right now. We had a five month old baby in this cruel world. We barely have anything but each other. We needed somewhere safe to be. I'm trying to be strong for everyone but everyday that passes I lose more hope.

After a long walk and trying to find cars we finally make it to Noah's old community. We stand for a second outside the gate to listen for anything.

There was just silence.

"I don't think-." Rick started but got interrupted by Noah. "No they're in there."

We help Noah up first to climb the fence. "Be careful." I say before nodding at Rick to give him a sign to boost him up. After everyone was over, Rick helped me then got up himself. When I jump down I can see houses with doors open and abandoned cars. There was all kinds of stuff on the floor. Noah was running over to his house as fast as he could with Tyreese behind him. We all stay together to look around in the houses. We get in little groups. I was with Beth.

We walk up to a brown and white little house. I go up the stairs and have my gun in my hand while I open the door slowly. Beth comes in behind me with her knife. I go around every corner with my gun securely in my hand. We make it through the whole house with no people to be seen. Not even walkers.

I take some clothes from the master bedroom. I look behind me to see Beth at the door. "So, did I miss anything with you and Rick?" She asks with a smirk across her face. I chuckle. "No, not really. We have been really busy. Nothing has changed." I say while looking down. Rick and I have drifted since the prison and Terminus. But we have to protect everyone.

"I'm sorry." She apologizes softly.

"It's fine, I get why we aren't as close as we were. We just drifted so fast after the prison." I say. There was screaming outside. Beth and I run out. I see everyone come out. Noah was freaking out.

"Tyreese is bit!!" He yells.

"No, no, no." Sasha repeats before running after Noah with Rick and Daryl. She just lost Bob and now she's losing Tyreese. We were losing people more. We needed to find somewhere safe before I can't do this anymore.

I run up behind them and quickly help them carry him up and sit him next to the car. Rick looks shocked and out of it like he did when Hershel was bit. He grabbed his axe and put his belt around Tyreese's arm tight. I kneeled down with Sasha. I put my arm on her shoulder as she cried into my shoulder.

Rick swung his axe twice as Tyreese's screams fill the air. I flinch as the axe makes it through the bone. We have to do whatever it takes in this world. We bandaged Tyreese's arm as much as we could. Walkers started coming because of his screaming. We put him in the back of one of our cars and quickly left.

I sat in the front with Rick in the drivers seat. Noah was in the back. I look back and Tyreese wasn't himself. He was pale and still had a bad fever. He was talking to himself. He was out of it. I close my eyes and pinch in between them. I take a deep breath. I feel Rick take my hand. I look up and look into his ocean eyes. He looks at me with a sad but comforting look and then looks back at the road.

Noah informs us that Tyreese stopped breathing. He didn't make it. We took his arm too late. I got out and helped everyone carry him out and burry him. We had a moment of silence. I watched as Sasha put his beanie on the cross we made out of dirt and string. A warm tear slipped down my cheek as Rick hugged me close into his chest.

•••

It's been two days since we lost Tyreese. We were out of everything. I was walking with Daryl, Maggie, Sasha, and Beth. We just got back from trying to find water. "How long can we keep going like this?" Maggie says out of breath. I was walking limp. I'm surprised we are actually walking. "Not very long." I answer. Rick decides to go back on the road again so we can go faster.

We all pile back in the van we found. It wasn't very long until we were out of gas. Rick wanted us to walk again. We have been on and off walking forever. He has been pushing us so hard to get through this. But we needed a good nights sleep, food, and water before we could get on our feet again. We all hop out of the van with all our stuff getting ready to walk yet again.

The sun has never been so hot before. My whole body was on fire. I'm dehydrated, sleep deprived, and starving. We all are. I was loosing hope for all of us but kept pushing. We had to keep moving if we wanted to survive. I look up at the clouds. It almost looks like it's going to rain. That would be a miracle.

We make it to a little bridge. On the other side there was a little hoard of walkers waiting for us. I roll my eyes. We all get in position and kill them the best we can. We walk for a couple miles and then stop on the side of the road for a break.

Silence. That's all there ever was. There was always silence. Almost like no one knew each other anymore. We were miserable.

We all get up in alert from seeing dogs run over and start barking at us. There were three and they were making too much noise. Walkers could hear them from miles. Then Daryl and Sasha kill them so they won't make anymore noise. "Dinner." Daryl says.

We finally start a fire and get the dogs cooking. I never thought I would be eating dog. But we have to do what we have to do to survive. We needed protein for energy to keep going.

After we ate we thought we could keep walking. I could tell some people didn't want to and they just wanted to camp out. I wanted to camp out and relax too but we needed to keep moving. As we were walking we saw a bunch of water in the road. A note was with it. It said "from a friend." We didn't take it. It sounded too risky. People could have done something to it. Although it was tempting to take.

I heard thunder and looked up at the dark clouds above us.
It started to pour. The rain was heavy. I smile and laugh for the first time in a really long time. I set out a bottle so we could collect the water. I feel Ricks hand around my waist. He pulls me into a deep kiss.

There we were.

In love and in the rain.

If I missed something I'm sorry. I am really excited to get to Alexandria. 💕

(Edited)