016

"What happened to your face?" Dong Gun asked Taehyung as he and Dahyun arrived at the family dinner.

"I've been wanting to ask him that too," Jihyun stated.

Woo Sung scoffed, "I haven't seen you for a long time and this is what I get?"

"Then, shall I erase my face for you?" Taehyung whispered only audible to Dahyun who stood beside him.

"Shut up, Taehyung. They're just worried," Dahyun uttered.

"Wait. Let the child explain," Soo Ae sided with him which made him give a small smile.

But what should I say?

He looked at the faces of their parents which were waiting for his answer.

"Some guys tried to hit on me, and he saved me," Dahyun lied for him.

He stared at her and then she met his gaze; with the way her eyes squinted, he knew she was telling him to just play along.

"See? Your son had a good intention," Soo Ae gave an assuring smile to Taehyung's parents.

His father just noded and his mom kept staring at him until the maids arrived with their food. The routine went on, their parents talking and them, eating quietly.

"So kids, I heard that you are preparing for an event," Dong Gun started.

Taehyung nodded and smiled, "Yes. My team is helping the arts club in a Snow White play. And Dahyun will play the lead role."

"Really?!" the two moms excitedly exclaimed with anticipation written all over their faces.

Dahyun glared at him but Taehyung continued smiling as he added, "Yes. But the play is only exclusive to students."

The mothers' faces instantly fell and they shook their heads.

"They can always take photos and videos," Dong Gun suggested.

"Oh! Right!" Soo Ae beamed.

Taehyung chortled and shook his head while Dahyun sighed.

"So... are you free this weekend?" Dong Gun asked.

"Yes, we are," Dahyun answered.

"That's good. The Choi's are holding a banquet," Woo Sung continued.

Dahyun instantly dropped her utensils but everyone was expecting that reaction. Taehyung looked at the girl as she stiffened.

"D-Dad," she tried to protest.

"Dahyun-a, they know you are in Korea. People haven't seen you for a long time – "

Dahyun stood up without making Dong Gun finish his sentence. The mothers looked at each other while Woo Sung only sighed as Dahyun took her leave without saying anything.

Taehyung stood up and said, "I'll take care of it."

----------

"Are you a monkey or something?" Taehyung said as he looked up at the tree where Dahyun was staying.

Dahyun glanced down at him for a brief second before saying, "Leave me alone."

"Sure," Taehyung answered.

"Hey," Dahyun exclaimed as Taehyung occupied the space near her, "Don't start it, Taehyung."

"Banquets are not that bad."

She scoffed, "I told you to not start it."

"You'll only have to wear a dress and talk to people who match up to the wealth of your family."