1: real

Lee Seolhee

Jeon Jungkook. 

She stared at the contact. She still had his number. It hurt too much to try and delete it. Stupid, she thought. She bet he'd deleted hers long ago. 

She smacked herself. How was it that, even after two years, his name was still constantly in her head? Was this normal? How was she still in love with that boy?

Even though they weren't even actually together, she still felt like they were a real couple. But she realizes now that we never were. She only had herself to blame for him falling in love with someone else. 

Stupid Jungkook...

No, she was the stupid one. She was the one still in love with him, even after all these years. 

3 years ago | Narrator

january 1st

"Listen up, punk. I know Taehyung's gay," Seolhee furiously whispered in Jungkook's ear as she was shoved and pushed by the many sweaty teenagers around her. "This isn't funny. Hyorin is my best friend and if he plays-"

Jungkook laughed loudly, but no one noticed, as the party raged on around them. Seolhee shot him a deadly look. He laughed even louder upon seeing her. "Are you crazy?" he choked out, quieter. "Who told you that Taehyung is gay?" 

Seolhee looked at him with attempted contempt. "Are you kidding? Everyone knows this."

"That was just a rumor that he made up to keep the girls away! I can't believe you guys thought he was actually gay," Jungkook started laughing again. 

Seolhee stopped. "Huh. That's kind of smart," Seolhee muttered. 

"I know, it was my idea," Jungkook proudly said. "Anyways, you can tell your friend that Taehyung is most definitely not gay."

"It's too late, dumbass, they already went upstairs together. Why do you even think I'm talking to you?"

Jungkook's eyes widened. "He- Hyorin- what?" He pulled out his phone. "It's already 5 in the morning and they just went upstairs? How did he not-"

"Well. See you." Seolhee stood up straight and began to make her way through the party. 

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT PUNK DIDN'T TELL ME!" he yelled. "WHAT A JERK!" Seolhee laughed as she went back to her friends.

--

"How was your date with Taehyung?" Seolhee said to Hyorin. 

"Great! He's so cute," she sighed into her palm. "He took me to this really nice restaurant on the pier-"

Seolhee's phone started ringing. "Sorry, give me a second," Seolhee told Hyorin. She nodded. 

Unknown caller. Seolhee frowned. Who could it be? 

"Hello?" a voice said from the phone. 

"Who's this?" 

"It's Jungkook."

"What the hell, how did you-"

"Doesn't matter. Hey, don't tell anyone about the whole Taehyung not being gay thing, he doesn't want it to get out." 

Seolhee rolled her eyes. "I wasn't going to."

"Good."

"Yah, Jung-" He had already hung up. 

"Who was that?" Hyorin questioned. 

"Jungkook," Seolhee responded, tossing her phone on the couch.