Chapter 24: A New Chapter

Ten Days Later:

"Popcorn's ready!" Adrien announced, running over with the bowl. He hopped over the couch, landing next to Marinette. He covered his legs with the blanket they shared and passed her the snack while resting his arm around her. "Is the movie starting?"

"Yep." Marinette grabbed a handful, keeping her eyes on the TV. "Netflix is loading a little slow, but you're just in time."

"Perfect." Adrien kissed her temple, making her smile.

A knock was heard at the door and the couple looked to each other.

"I thought I was the only one who knew the location of your apartment." Adrien thought aloud.

"You are." Marinette confirmed.

"Then who's at the door?" Adrien's eyes squinted.

"No clue." Marinette shrugged.

"Shouldn't you get it?"

"Maybe." She leaned back.

"Do you want me to get it?" He asked, tilting his head.

"Or. . . maybe I should just change apartment complexes." Marinette suggested, stretching over the couch. "I feel like it would be so much easier to move at this point."

"It could be someone you know." Adrien countered, standing up as he dropped the blanket.

"Or the temple sent me a serial killer." She stretched. "So you shouldn't answer it and instead, stay on the couch with me." Marinette reached out to him.

Adrien smiled and kissed her knuckles before moving backwards to the door. He turned around and opened it, blinked at the sight before him. "Min Jee." Adrien said, seeing her leaning against the doorway.

"Adrien Agreste." She sounded out each syllable with a suspicious tone. Min Jee wore sweatpants and a long sleeve t-shirt, which isn't usually her style. She was barefoot like usual though.

"What's wrong?" Adrien asked, trying keep the conversation smooth. "Did you need something?"

"I don't need anything, but why would you assume something's wrong?" Min Jee countered. "Am I so weak that I'd need intermediate fighters to save me? Wow, you must think really lowly of me."

"Sorry, that's not what I meant." Adrien apologized. "We've just had a lot trouble in the past month."

"What, from me?" Min Jee's tone grew a little angry.

"No, no, of course not." Adrien held his hands up. "You've helped us out a lot actually."

"Listen." Min Jee reached up and grabbed Adrien's shirt, pulling him down to her level. "I may be 4'11'', but I could easily kick you into the ground and step on you. I am not here for you, so you need to get out." She growled.

Marinette stood up from the couch, but before she stepped forward, she heard a light thump behind her. Furrowing her eyebrows, she turned around to see April flat on the floor and her window now open. "What the . . . "

Ginger suddenly popped her head in, eyes widening at the sight of the couple. "Min, you were supposed to get rid of him." A cold breeze came through, blowing the curtains.

"Okay, what is going on?" Marinette spun on her heels back to the door in confusion.

Min Jee pushed Adrien back as she stepped inside, crossing her arms. "We . . . have a surprise . . . for you."

Ginger loudly threw two large duffle bags in the room, silently closing the window behind her before tripping and falling on top of April.

"Am I being kidnapped?" Marinette asked, slightly freaking out at the bizarre situation.