.+Chapter One+.

"Athena!"

I crack my eyes open only to be blinded by the morning sun. Slowly I get up off of the bed I was sleeping on. Stretching peacefully only to be disturbed by the head maid of the mansion screaming my name once again.

"Athena!"

She opens up my door

" Young mistress you need to wake up for your father has a guest coming for dinner." the head maid says with a disapproving look at my wild bed head.

"Whom is this guest that is coming to dine with my father?" - Athena

" Well I don't know young mistress I am sure its a business man coming to make a business agreement."- The Head maid.

" It a possibility."-Athena

I get up and brush my hair and get ready for the day.

"Don't tell my father but I am going to the town after dinner."-Athena

" Mistress you can't if your father knew he would have my head!"- The head maid

" He won't know because you will keep it a secret." -Athena

" Yes young mistress."-The head maid

The head maid walks over towards me and helps me change into a comfortable yet formal dress and she braids my long black hair in hopes to somewhat tame the wild mess.

"Your just like your mother same hair same looks, the only thing of you that is not your mother's is your fathers stubborn personalty."- The head maid

I hum as she continues to talk oh how I wish for things to be different, to have more freedom and not have to wear uncomfortable clothes.

"Alright young mistress lets get you to your father so you can meet the guest."-The head maid

As I walk down the hall I see the painting of my mother. My mother was a pale looking woman with long black hair and leaf green eyes to perfect her completion. I don't really remember much about my mother, she went missing when i was about 5.

As I reach the end of the hall I come up to a big dark brown door. Before I open the door I run my finger along the golden lines in the door. I gave a sigh while I open the door.

"Ahhhhhh here is my beautiful daughter" My father says as I walk in.

" Indeed She very beautiful" my father's guest boast.

"Hello" I say quietly.

"It is nice to meet you miss. I am Adam" Adam grabs my hand a bows.

"please no need to be formal call me Athena." I say

"very well" Adam walks closer to my father and shakes his hand. " it was my pleasure to do business, I am glad we agreed on the next full moon." Adam heads for the door.

" Father what does he mean by next full moon?" I question my father.

" Athena their is something we need to discuss, come to my study." my father starts to walk down the hall.

I walk towards my fathers study.

Once in the study I sit on the chair next to my father's desk.

"Athena their is something you need to know" my father clasps his hands together

" your getting married to Adam's childhood friend." my father states.

" WHAT!! you can't be serious" I get up quickly.

"Athena you have came of age you need to get married." my father raises his tone slightly.

"But father I don't want to get married."

" Athena I have already made up my mind, now I excuse you to your room."

I walk to my room teary eyed. Once in my room I wipe my eyes

"No I wont cry I can get through this."

I look over to see my cloak on my chair. I grab my cloak and head towards the stables. I hear a soft nicker as I see my horse Galileo.

"Come on bud lets go to town." I say softly.

As we go down the trail I take a deep breath and look at the lights of the town as we approach.

At the edge of town I pat Galileo.

"you gotta stay here boy I will be back in a little bit." Galileo nods

Once in town I smile slightly walking to the pub, once in the pub I sigh.

" The usual?" the bartender ask.

"yup" I say in content.

This pub has the best food in town. As i wait for my order the main doors open and a cold gush of air comes in. A person in a cloak sits next to me.

"hello new comer what can i get ya?" the bar tender ask

The person in the cloak says in a deep voice " the strongest thing you got."

"Rough day?" I ask as I nibble on my food.

"Not exactly, just complicated."

"I can relate" I grumble

"here is what you ordered sir" the bartender says.

"thanks" the person says.

It gets a little quiet then you hear a big thump and horses squeal.

The bartender quickly comes over to me. "Athena those are your fathers men."

"I better get going" I get up quickly and trip by stepping on my cloak. waiting for an impact of me hitting the ground never came. I open my eyes only to be confronted by the face of a handsome man.

________________________________________________________________________________

*^*To be continued*^*

The picture of the horse is Galileo