A pretty intruder

Damien

I awoke and changed, getting ready to start the day.

"Good morning, Beast," Teacup greeted me, yawning.

"Good morning, Teacup," I replied as I picked Teacup up and carried him downstairs. I set him on the counter.

Teapot made her way over to Teacup as I prepared breakfast.

"Where were you?" Teapot asked.

"I'm sorry, momma. I kept Beast company," Teacup said as I glanced at both.

"I told you not to bother Mr. Beast," Teapot scolded.

"It's quite all right. The company was nice," I informed Teapot.

"Oh, then, never mind," Teapot said, sheepishly. I chuckled as I finished breakfast.

I sat down as I heard the other items enter the kitchen greeting me. I greeted them back as I ate. I finished breakfast and cleaned up. As I came out of the kitchen, I heard a commotion coming from the library.

I walked towards it and pushed the door open to reveal an intruder. I stood there as Belle turned her head, placing a book in a different spot.

"Good morning," Belle greeted me.

"Morning. What are you doing here?" I questioned.

"I noticed your books needed organizing," Belle answered.

I felt something push the back of my leg. I looked down to see Candlestick gesturing me towards Belle.

"Go, Beast," Candlestick whispered.

I gave Candlestick a look as Belle turned to look at me. Candlestick hid behind my leg.

"Did you say something?" Belle asked me as I looked at her.

"No," I answered.

Belle turned back to the books as I stepped towards her, keeping my distance while Candlestick hid. If I attempted to get close to Belle, she moved away from me.

"Did you come to ask for the books again?" I asked.

Belle looked at me as I looked at her.

"Not today. I came to visit the books and you since it's my day off," Belle said as I looked at her with surprise. "Plus, your books are a mess."

I looked at Belle, then a book moved on its own and moved back to its original place. We watched as others did the same.

"You can't rearrange the books," someone said.

We turned to see Clock on a table. Belle's eyes widened.

"Did your clock speak?" Belle asked me.

Before I answered, Clock said, "Yes, I spoke."

Belle's eyes widened as I stood there, sighing.

"I speak eloquently," Clock said as Belle stood there shocked.

We watched as Candlestick made his way to the tabletop and moved next to Clock.

"You weren't to say anything. You act stealthy," Candlestick informed Clock.

I watched as Belle crept towards Clock and Candlestick, looking at them curiously.

"You speak," Belle said.

"Yes, we do," Candlestick said as both nodded.

"Well, I'll be," Belle said to both.

"You'll be what?" Clock asked.