My Wattpad Journey: The Dentist Who Wrote A Book

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for showering me with so much love for my entry in the Wattpad India Popular Choice Awards 2019. I had started writing the story as a semi-autobiographical piece based on my short stint in Delhi. The characters are mostly fictional but I did draw some inspiration from my actual bad neighbours (ख़राब पड़ोसी). 

When I saw that the deadline for the awards was approaching, I slogged and finished editing my story overnight. I somehow managed to enter my story in the contest. Forget about winning, I hadn't imagined I would be nominated for the awards.

But then it happened. And I got to meet so many new people, fellow writers, aspiring writers through the amazing portal and also by virtue of the spotlight that my work fell under. I am aware of the many imperfections in my writing. Now that I look back, all my flaws shine brighter than ever but I am willing to learn along the way and of course, I want all of you to be with me all this time, as you have been.

As if one good news wasn't enough, I learned that I was going to be a featured user across all the Wattpad platforms. This story is simply an introduction to my world and what I aspire to be. So, Hi, my name is Abhyudaya Shrivastava. I am a dentist by profession. I am currently working as a private practitioner in a small, nondescript town in Central India. I love to read and write. And I am a relatively new member on Wattpad.

Hope this finds y'all in good spirits. After all, 'tis the season of love and giving. I am writing this introduction on Christmas eve so, this piece is already extra special. A big hug to all of you fellow writers and readers! Please continue to share and enjoy the joy of literature! Let the pen set you free forever!

Please read on to know more about my #WattpadJourney in the following chapters.