Can't hide a big secret

I walked up to my room, grabbing a fresh set of clothes and a towel, and headed for the upstairs bathroom.

I finished my shower pretty quickly, and got changed, brushed out my hair, and went back downstairs.

When I got down, I saw all four boys sitting around my living room watching TV. I smiled to myself, proud that I was able to make some friends rather quickly, and went to make some dinner.

I decided on pasta since it was quick, and I still had homework to do.

As I made dinner I could hear the occasional laugh from the living room.

I finished making the pasta and grabbed a stack of plates and forks.

"I made dinner if you guys are hungry." I called out into the living room, all four boys immediately got up and rushed to the kitchen.

I laughed and grabbed myself a plate, sitting down on the living room floor with my homework later out around me. I decided to start with Anatomy and Physiology.

It was simple, mainly the three different types of muscles.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Belch asked as all four of them made their way back to the living room.

"Homework?" I questioned, turning back to my notes.

"Why?" Patrick asked sitting on the couch right above me.

"So I can pass my classes, and eventually graduate." I laughed as I started writing down answers. "Skeletal muscle is the only type of muscle you have conscious control over, its interesting." I mumbled mainly to myself.

I frowned at the thought. So my father used his Skeletal muscle to crush my little sisters throat, fascinating.

"What's wrong l/n?" Vic asked after gulping down some milk.

"Nothing." I lied as I continued my homework. But I couldn't get the image of my sisters frail body lying limply next to my fathers large bloodied figure.

A few hours passed and I had finally finished all my work.

"So now you decide to pack up?" Henry groaned as I put the last of my crap in my backpack.

"Do any of you actually do homework?" I glanced around the room, all four of them just shook their heads. "That somehow makes since."

"Hey!" Belch shouted. "What's that suppose to mean?"

"It means you guys don't exactly seem like the type to further your education." I sighed getting up to put my bag by the door.

"So y/n." Patrick smirked as I sat next to him in the couch. "What do your parents do for a living?"

I swallowed a lump in my throat hard. "Why do you ask?" I glared towards him.

"Well you just got here a few days ago, and bought a house with cash." He leaned back in his seat.

"And how the actual hell do you know that?" I snapped.

"While you were in the shower I did some snooping. And found the deed to the house. It says how you paid, and that it's under your name. Isn't that strange?" He cocked his head.

"My dads a lawyer, moms a doctor. They travel a lot. Thought it would be better if the house was under my name." I shrugged and got up to get a glass of water.

As I sat back down Henry, Vic, and Belch were looking at me horrified. But Patrick just kept his signature smirk.

"A lawyer and a doctor hmm?" Patrick leaned forward. "Not exactly the kind of job to send you to little ol Derry."

"What are you trying to say?" I snapped. The words dripping off my tongue like venom.

The three other boys just watched as Patrick pressed on with a smirk. "How do you know your parents won't come home tonight?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Does it matter?" I snapped back.

"Where are your folks y/n?" He cocked his head to one side. How the fuck does he know? There's no way he knows. No one knows.

My old house was in the middle of nowhere, their bodies are still rotting away in there. No one will find them. He can't possibly know.

"Gone." I said threw clenched teeth. My grip on my glass of water was so tight that in shattered onto the floor, sending water and shards of glass into a wide pile on the floor.

"In what way?" He leaned forward again, whispering in my ear now. "What did little ol y/n do to her poor parents?" I could hear the smirk in his voice.

I stood up in a huff, my boots crunching the shards of broken glass beneath them.

"So help me God!" I screamed as I marched into the kitchen to grab a towel.

As I came back with a towel I dropped in to cover the mess I had made.

"Alright." I took a deep breath. Henry, Vic, and Belch looked confused and slightly scared. But Patrick just watched in awe as I spoke. "After my mother had an overdose back in Ireland, I found my father strangling my sister, after he killed her, I killed him. Plain and simple. So I got on the flight that was leaving soonest which just so happened to be Derry." I crossed my arms leaning in the doorframe to the kitchen.

The boys looked almost.... disappointed?

"So your folks are dead?" Henry asked. I nodded. "And this is your house?" I nodded again. "Oh I'm so glad Patt decided to convince us to bring you along today."

"Wait, what?" I was baffled. Why weren't they running and screaming? Why weren't they going to the cops? And more importantly, why the hell aren't they scared?

"It's alright l/n." Vic started as he brushed some of his light hair from his face. "If I had the balls to kill my parents I'd do it too."

Henry nodded. "Same here. I swear, one of these days I'll get my old man."

"So.... you're not gonna turn me into the police?" I asked as Vic and Belch started to clean up the broken glass and water.

Patrick stood up and walked over to me, standing only a foot away.

"Are you kidding me? Bowers dad is the damn sheriff. If we wanted you locked up we'd give him a call." He smirked leaning his arms against the wall behind me, trapping me where I was. "But you're so much more fun when you're not locked up."