Geralt's word

Geralt looked down at Celia as she slept in his arms, he had barely slept and refused to stop due to their last encounter. He noticed that once she had used her magic almost at its fullest it was as if they now were hunting her. He had never been this close to anyone, even his relationship whatever it was with Yennifer was never this close. The young woman asleep in his arms was his sister, he felt a need to keep her safe and after what had happened to her over the years in his own way he felt as if it was now his responsibility to keep her safe. He wondered what would have happened had she never found him, if during some of his worst encounters he would have been killed.
Geralt now had another that was his to care for. But he knew they needed to stop, he needed to rest and so did Roach. He found a place where they could camp and be away from the road. He slowly lowered her to the ground careful not to wake her. He removed the saddle and blanket along with his pack, he had given up having her own it was easier to carry. He lay her on the blanket, and started a fire.
"Yes Roach, I know I cant keep running with her. I will be keeping her safe and so will you."
"Stop talking to Roach." Celia said. Geralt turned and saw Celia's eyes looking at him.
"I thought you were asleep."
"I was, but I realized we had stopped moving. I'm hungry. How long have we been moving?"
"Two days. I have barely given Roach time to rest. But I thought we were safe enough that I can stop."
"You look tired."
"I am. But I can't sleep."
"Yes you can. Come here." She reached out for him, Geralt looked down at her little sister and sat down.
"Keep watch Roach." She whispered, she knew he would make noise if someone approached. Geralt lay down next to her, Celia whispered an incantation and a large shield appeared around them and Roach.
"Sleep." She told him.
"I don't know if I can."
"I could use an incantation but I think your tired enough for this on your own." She told him, he lay his head back and closed his eyes and she listened to his breathing change, knowing he was asleep. She lay back and relaxed but knew if she went to sleep the shield would disappear.
She rolled onto her side and watched her brother sleep, she had done so much for him. She slowly drifted off to sleep her eyes opened and she reached above her and grabbed Geralt's steel sword and placed it between them and relaxed.
Geralt awoke as the sun shined in his eyes, he rolled onto his side and saw Celia sleeping holding his sword close.
"Celia."
"Morning." She said looking at him.
"Here you can have this back." She held up his sword to him.
"How long have you been awake?"
"Couple hours, I saw the sun come up."
"Why didnt you wake me?"
"Because brother you needed your sleep. We are safe and had something come I believe Roach would have alerted us."
"But why my sword."
"Yours is better than mine. And it was closer."
"I have one for monsters."
"I know. But its men that want me. Not monsters so I didnt need the one made of silver."
"So you do know the difference."
"I do."
Geralt got up and helped her to her feet.
"You hungry?"
"Yes, but I don't trust taverns."
"I know one that isnt far of a ride. Come on."
"Let's walk, let Roach rest without us riding on his back for a while."
"If you want, put your sword back on."
"If you want me to I will." She reached for her sword and reequiped it. She helped gather everything and ready to move down the road. Geralt looked at her and smiled slightly, his sister, and his promise one that he would always keep. He kept going over and over again in his head. Celia looked up and smiled.