Merry Christmas Steven💖💙

The snow glistened through the frosty air. Gems were off celebrating for this festive year thanks to Steven. He's done, been through so much that everyone's heard the stories. Steven being the teenager that he now was began hiding his feelings more than ever. Though it was starting to become unstable at times. Steven did confess to the gems all his woes, he just couldn't hold it in anymore. Now it was Christmas eve and a certain blue gem, Lapis Lazuli wanted to make this Christmas special for him.

Lapis's P.O.V:
Steven had invited us all over to spend the night for Christmas. I've come to understand this festive holiday for humans, though Steven did say it's not about the gifts but for a deity's birthday. All of us sitting by the fireplace in our comfy sweaters Pearl made us, except Steven who was running around trying to get things done and scheduled for Little Homeschool. I understand he had a job to do now, but he should be relaxing and not stressing.

Even when we went on that planet to stop those Lapis's, I noticed he let me do more of the talking. Like I was in the spotlight and he was in the shadows. Though he did make me feel better at the end when we left. He always had that way with him, ever since he was a little boy who I've come to love all these years. But he definitely has changed a bit since he's grown up. That doesn't stop my love for him.

I realized a year ago my feelings for him thanks to the help from Garnet. My feelings began to really come out when his powers were taken away from Spinel. I knew he could do it, but it did not make me worry for him any less. Now here is stressed when he should be relaxed on a holiday like this. Even the others look in worry.

"Steven, why don't you come join us by the fire? We got more than enough hot chocolate to share," Pearl asks, looking at him.

He stopped and turned to her, "Sorry I wish I could, but I need to make sure the entire schedule for Little Homeschool is set for next year."

"Come on Steven, it's Christmas eve. This is legit your favorite holiday, stop being a butt," Amethyst jokingly says.

Steven just ignores her and walks back up to his room, leaving all of us at the fireplace.

"I wish he wouldn't do this to himself," Greg rubbed the back of his head. "It was bad enough he was under pressure from all of this gem stuff, now he's stressed about a hundred more different things."

Pearl sighs, "That's even how he was when we were snowed in that one time. We were just trying to spend time with him on a day off for once, and he wanted nothing to do with it."

"We did get him to open up at the end of the day though," Amethyst comments, taking a sip of her hot chocolate.

"We must ensure to make this Christmas the best for him," Garnet says as everyone nods in agreement.

I couldn't agree more. I had to get Steven something for Christmas, but I wasn't sure what he liked. Maybe his dad would know more than I would, or any of the other gems in that matter. We soon finish our hot chocolate, but since we were staying the night everyone was just hanging out talking.

Taking my chance, I walk over to Greg who's sitting and reading a magazine. He notices my presence and lifts his gaze to mine, "Do you need something, Lapis?" he asks.

I nod, "I need some ideas for a present for Steven. I'm not entirely sure what he likes," my cheeks grow a little warm in embarrassment for not knowing these answers.

Greg just laughs it off, "Well my son has changed a bit that's even shocked me. But he is a musician like his old man, or get him something meaningful," he explains.

I grip my arm, looking around to make sure Steven isn't in the room. "Well... I want to make it special because I want to confess my feelings for him. I-I like your son," I stutter on my last sentence blushing deeper.