Chapter Seventeen: Visit

Weeks had passed by, and it was already two weeks before the end of the school year. Everything has been the same since you left and after you returned. You were able to find a job at the cafe near the beach.
It remind you of Kakyoin.

Kakyoin, unfortunately was still stuck in a hospital bed. You visited him every day fulfilling his needs. You hate to admit it, but you think you were starting to fall in love.

Kakyoin's body was weak, and was getting weaker by the second. Was the fall that bad?

Today was a special day (Christmas), so you had decided to take Jotaro to the shopping outlet to look for a gift.

The bell rang, and the students were free to go. You met Jotaro at the front of the school gate, not saying  much and directly heading to the shopping outlet.

Ever since Kakyoin was gone it was.. A lot more quiet. You refused to speak or interact with anyone but Jotaro unless mandatory. You refused to talk to Jotaro about your problems, you refused everything. It saddened Jotaro to see Kakyoin and you in such a bad state.

However you thought nothing was wrong.

The two of you reached the outlet, looking around. What would Kakyoin like?

You both bought alot of snacks, mostly cherry related. And as you were walking, something shiny in the display had caught your eye.

An emerald brooch necklace, detailed and and perfect. It was small, yet it was so pretty.

Jotaro took notice of your staring.
"Do you want that?"
"It's perfect for Kakyoin. I wonder how much it costs."

You walked up to check the price.
21,000 yen?! You only had 11,000 with you at the moment. You sighed softly. Well, at least it was pretty cheap compared to other pieces of jewelry.

Jotaro walked up to you.
"I can help you buy it."
You shook your head.
"Cmon."
You shook your head again.
"Y/N, I insist. Were both his friends. How about we split the price? I pay 11,000 and you pay 10,000 yen."

You hesitated, before nodding slightly. He was right. You two were the only ones Kakyoin enjoyed hanging out with.

After a few minutes, you managed to get your hands on it with only 1,000 left in your wallet.
"Well. I'd say this is enough shopping for me. I'm broke."
Jotaro grunts.

It was around 5:00PM, and the two of you were able to reach the hospital.

You opened Kakyoin's room slowly, seeing him sleeping peacefully, the heart monitor beating. Your heart pounded.

Jotaro and you sat on the chairs, next to the bed.

Kakyoin fluttered fluttered his eyes slowly, groaning in pain.
"Oh, hey Y/N.."

You smile softly. Whenever you were with Kakyoin you felt happy. You gave him the bag.

"For you."
"For me? Thank you, Y/N-Chan."

He gave you a sweet smile, as he looked in the bag.
"Cherries! I haven't had these in a while."
Kakyoin slowly opened the box and popped one in his mouth.

You sighed, before taking a quick glimpse at Jotaro. He looked pretty upset like always, ever since you told him you liked Kakyoin.

It's not like he likes you, right?

You looked back at Kakyoin, who was happily eating away. A nurse came in, with bottles of medicine.
"Here you go, Noriaki."
"Thank you."

The nurse had left, and returned his attention back to the bag. He pulled out the emerald brooch which you and Jotaro had bought for him.
"Y/N.. This is beautiful.."
"Me and Jotaro bought it for you."
He smiled, his cheeks reddening.
"Can you help me put this on?

You hesitated, and stood up. You placed the necklace around his neck delicately, moving his soft locks of hair out of the way.
"Thank you."
You blushed.

You glanced at Jotaro again, whose head was leaned back. He had fallen asleep. It wouldn't hurt to stay the night, right?

It was almost 8:00pm, Kakyoin and you were still chatting away.

"Hmm Kakyoin, do you like anyone?"
You smiled devilishly.
"W-What?! No!"
"Cmon, just tell me."

He hesitated.
"You'll find out soon. I think it's too soon, considering I'm stuck in the hospital."
You chuckled, before yawning.

You laid your head on Jotaro's shoulder and drifted to sleep.

Until you were disturbed by rushed beeping, and a long beep after that.

You heard rustles and foot steps and shouting.

have a merry christmas!