3

Homra's door slammed open, but no one was home. Well, except for Yata, who sat on the sofa scrolling through his phone. I vividly remember him grunting and sinking further into his seat.

"Yata. Where's Izumo or Mikoto?" I demanded, glaring daggers into his hazel eyes. He blushed and fumbled for a bit.

"I-I don't k-know! S-shut up!" He snapped. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, sitting opposite him.

"Sorry, was just wanting to join Homra is all. But I guess I'll just hang around for now." I leant back into the plush and stared at my phone.

"Wait, you want to join? Why?" He asked, this time, without stuttering. The fluster of pink still present though.

"Had a rumble last night with the blues, I think it's time I do something with my life." I replied, playing with the wheel of my Heelys. His eyes flickered at my trainers.

"What are those?" He asked, I chuckled remembering the old Vine.

"Heelys. They're trainers with wheels in the bottom. I've had them forever, there's nothing I can't do with them." I smiled, patting the bottoms as if it was the side of a vehicle. Yata nodded. "You don't need to be nervous around me, y'know. I know you suck at girls but, imagine I'm not."

"Y-Yeah, whatever. I-It's complicated." He replied, in all honesty, he'd seen me out in the park, zipping and picking victorious fights. I'd be lying if I didn't mention the fact that he felt I'd put him to shame.

The evening crawled around and no one entered the bar, so resulting in Yata and myself chatting all day. To be honest, I was surprised that he managed to talk to me, or that he even talked to me. But in a way, it was nice. We discovered a mutual interest in video games and skating, which was interesting. I also discovered his birthday was July 20th, so the next month. Turning the big 19, I mean, I had already turned it back in the last month or so (May) but I'm rambling. He also told me all about his skateboards and which are the best brands and tips for skating if I was later interested. To be fair, listening to him talk about a passion and hobby was utterly marvellous and cute, he spoke with fires in his eyes. I just smiled at him, eyes never leaving his. He trailed off and locked with my eyes again. And we sat. In silence, just staring.

We were interrupted when once again the door rang open. Yata's cheeks were a tinted pink while I chuckled and looked to see who entered. To my surprise, Tatara, Mikoto, Anna and Izumo walked through. Tatara immediately sticking his camera in Yata and I's faces followed by a 'the Homra babies!', Izumo took his place behind the bar and Mikoto sat at the bar, Anna beside me.

"You guys are back, y/n wanted to join Homra." Yata mentioned, hiding his face as usual. I stood up and faced Mikoto, furrowing my eyebrows. He stuck out his hand, setting it ablaze.

"Thought you'd never come around." He smirked, waiting for me. I smiled, taking my hand out and placing it in his right hand. The burning sensation should have hurt, but it felt nothing more than a tickle. And I loved it. On the final shake, my right rib felt warm and tingly, just as if an iron bar was being pressed against my cold skin.
"Welcome to Homra, y/n."
A burning sensation surged through my veins, the warmth. They really were a family, a pleasant one at that. I could finally feel safe.

That night was peaceful. I sat at home watching TV with Ema and Hibiki. I hadn't told them about Homra yet, but it was a Saturday night and we usually discuss the excitement then.

"So, how's your little chamber going, Hib's?" I asked.

"Alright, might stop soon. I feel dirty, I had a Scepter 4 girl today. If that's anything useful.." he sighed. He wasn't necessarily a prostitute, in fact, girls offered him money and considering he had a huge debt to pay off, he took the opportunity and the ladies loved him "What have you been up to, I've heard you going out a lot."

"Same old, same old, work then just observing the town, really. Oh, Ema, the bakery called, your cakes are ready." I replied with a smile.

"Can we pick them up tomorrow?" She asked quietly. She was never the one to project her voice, only to stay in the shadows. So seeing her braid her long hair indicated she was deep in thought. I nodded.

"You guys hear about the other night?" Hibiki asked, Ema shook her head, "Well, basically, there's talk of the Colourless King returning for something. There's only rumours of a fox spirit thing floating alley ways."

"Colourless King? What's the fuss?" Ema shrugged. Sometimes I forgot she didn't know as much as I did.

I sat up from my slouch and crossed my legs, "He's this entity that possesses people to get his cause across. He's incredibly dangerous but you can resist him."

"That, however, legend has it that each sword has this other entity other than the king. They serve and protect, working as a regeneration for the power within the sword. They are protectors that agree to the oath or loyalty, you have to agree to put your life on the front lines to protect the King." Hibiki continued, Ema leant forward interested.

"How do you two know all this? I feel like I've missed something.." she affirmed. Hibiki chuckled nervously.

"I've just done a lot of research in my free time," I replied, completely honest. I mean, I didn't remember the research, I just remembered the information.

"I, uh...used to know a guy in a clan, he told me a lot back in the day." He chuckled, looking towards the city, out the large window in front of him.

"I see...have you ever considered a clan, guys? Like, for fun?" Ema's ignorance wasn't really irritating, it was more shocking than anything.

"Depends. The Blue Clan, Scepter 4, have a strict system where heartless robots think of themselves as the highest authority, they've captured the hearts of the people as saviours. All they do is stick their noses in other people's business. The Red Clan, Homra, are-" I cut him off.

"-are more spontaneous. They treat each other like a family, protecting. They're the most violent but with their brains, they can do what they want. Their King is the muscle, he usually ends up finishing things up with his temper. They don't care about others, they do things related to themselves." I explained.

"I don't really know much about any others, nothing much seems to happen, all I know is that there's seven." He confirmed. The evening continued on with us filling Ema in, I could tell they were surprised with how much I knew about the other clans and kings, I even explained the Dresden Slates and how they allow an aura to appear. In fact, I pretty much have them a history lesson on the Swords Of Damocles and how due to myths, they appear over the heads of King when using the power.

Tossing, turning, sit up, lay down. It was one of those nights where it was too hot to sleep. Getting sick of turning, I slipped out of bed, my feet reaching the heavenly cold wood of my floor. I slipped on some joggers and Heelys and without a peep, left to the streets. I took the time to admire the lights again, reflecting on the warmth Homra gave me. A home with a family. Sometimes, I think as a human race, we forget that other people have lives. People aren't just placed in your life as fillers, they have family, friends and feelings too. And I think we all forget that.
I turned the corner into the main street where the market was, an open plaza. It was so peaceful at night. Yet so eerie. I wasn't afraid anymore, I couldn't be, nothing scared me anymore. I stopped in front of the fountain where I used to play as a kid. After school I used to stop by and throw a coin in. I'm glad that memory didn't fade, times were simpler back then. Simpler than then, when footsteps behind be ruined the moment. From the corner of my eye I noticed blue uniform. Familiar uniform, similar to Seri Awashima's - white blouse with a short, black pencil skirt, gold trimming along the bottom. Her coat was waist-length however, and her boots were thigh high, almost like pirate boots but black. And the sword hung on her belt like everyone else's. She also wore her hair in a high ponytail, only her bangs left to frame her face.