A Different Bunch

Charlotte had just finished plating the homemade cinnamon rolls onto a plate as Jackson placed four bags onto the kitchen table. He came around to kiss his wife on the cheek with a smile. 

"Everything looks great, baby." He smiled.

"Thank you," She grinned wiping her hands on a dishtowel. "Can you go wake them up while I get the drinks out?"

His smile got wider before he pulled away. "Yes ma'am!" He excitedly made his way up the stairs and knocked twice on his son's door even though he knew he was probably already awake. 

In a couple of seconds, the door swung open revealing a half-dressed Adrian. His wet brown hair dripped freely as he gripped the towel around his waist. Jack looked his son up and down and nodded impressed-Adrian was a good looking young man almost reaching his dad in height and carrying a good amount of muscle on his frame. "You got a girlfriend yet son?" Jack was a bit surprised he hadn't met any girls of his, though he was pretty young among his university classmates.

Adrian frowned, staring at his father. "Dad, I almost broke my neck rushing out of the shower and you ask me if I have a girlfriend?"

Jack fought the smile on his face but shrugged nonetheless. 

Adrian sighed, hanging his head a little. "No dad, I don't have a girlfriend."

"Oh," Jack tried not to sound too disappointed then his smile returned. "Alright well come down to the kitchen and make it quick!" He planted a loud kiss on his son's cheek before turning on his heel, heading to his daughter's room. 

Adrian was only left to shake his head at his dad's antics. 

Jack didn't even bother to knock on Joanna's door. He burst into her slightly messy room and cringed a bit at the sight before focusing back on the task at hand. He jumped on the mattress and continued jumping as Joanna was tussled awake in her bedding.

"Dad!" She scowled, her sleep-filled voice barely reaching his ears. "Stop!" She yanked her comforter, causing him to lose his footing and send his long limbs flailing before he fell and landed his two hundred pound figure haphazardly on top of her. 

They both groaned miserably, but Jack's noise turned into laughter before Joanna pushed him off of her. "You're crazy," she grumbled. "It's not even seven o'clock!"

"I know that!" Jack stood up quickly and pulled at a strand of her hair that peeked out of her bonnet. 

"Which one, the time or your diagnosis?" She pulled her blankets closer.

"Get up, Jo!" Jack pulled her blankets away and took her hand to drag her out of her bed. 

"Dad stop!" Joanna yelled.

Adrian laughed quietly from a room over. His dad really was crazy and this was typical from him. Jo was too, but she wasn't a morning person. Otherwise, she would have matched their father's energy to a T.

Back in Joanna's room, she was clutching at her bedsheets to stay on the mattress as Jack pulled her off. "Jo come on! Don't you know what day it is!"

"I know what day it is, which is why you should let me sleep in!" She shouted back at him.

"No!" He tugged one last time, successfully yanking her onto the floor before erupting in laughter at her state.

"MOM!" Joanna shouted at the top of her lungs.

Downstairs Charlotte laughed. They'd been through this for the last eighteen years and Joanna still had no will to get up early. "Get down here y'all!" She shouted back.