22 | Little Bit of Blood

Lexi strolls through the aisles of clothing, her eyes focused on the different colored fabrics while her ears hear everything. She avoids glancing at the teenagers walking around, but she can smell the sexual tensions from her spot. The yearning from the boys; the adoration from the girls. It is enough to make her want to vomit.

"That's not your color."

And there's the voice she's been waiting for.

Looking through the dresses, Lexi watches Peter speak with Allison. The young girl looks like she might run at any moment.

"Sorry if that was intrusive," Peter says. "but considering your skin tone, I'd go lighter."

Allison hesitates before she laughs. "Because I'm pale?"

"Fair." The smile on Peter's lips sends a shiver down Lexi's spine. "I mean, you can't call skin like yours pale. Not skin that perfect." Allison takes a step back. "Trust me, I have a unique perspective on the subject."

As Peter turns to look at the paler dresses, Lexi scoffs quietly. She slowly steps out of the dress section, hanging around near the aisle in plain sight.

"Do you mind?" Peter takes Allison's hand, putting it next to the dress he had picked. "See? Much better."

Allison sends him a tight-lipped smile.

"You're not here alone, are you?" He asks.

"Way to be subtle," Lexi mutters. She knows he is not listening.

"Shopping for dresses with friends. High school dance."

"Formal," Allison replies, her voice wavering slightly.

"Peter!" Lexi exclaims, false glee in her tone as she strides over to the two. "There you are. I've been looking for you everywhere." She wraps her arm around his torso with a grin. "I see you've run into one of my students. Sorry, Allison. My friend here can be a bit of a creep."

"Oh, it's not a problem." By the way Allison relaxes, Lexi can tell she knows. The look in her eye—the fear—it only leads to one thing: knowing about the supernatural.

"I guess we shop at the same places," Lexi chuckles, tightening her grip on Peter. The Alpha only looks down at her with an annoyed smile. "Come on now, sweetheart." She squeezes him, making him jump. "Let me show you what I'm planning on wearing."

"Oh, are you a chaperone?" Allison asks.

"Yeah." Lexi narrows her eyes at a pale purple dress. She reaches forward, looking between Allison and the dress. "This would look perfect on you, by the way," she says. "Maybe try it on?"

Allison nods as she takes the dress. "Yeah, I was actually looking at that."

"Anyway, I'll see you at the dance, Allison. Have fun shopping." With a tug, Lexi drags Peter away towards the other dresses, shoving him into an aisle. "Leave the girl alone. She doesn't know anything."

"My dress was better," Peter says with a shrug.

"You freaked her out."

"Why do you care about Argents?"

Lexi shakes her head. "That's beside the point. Listen, I have an idea."

A spark lights in Peter's eyes. "Are you sure you want to tell me?" He leans forward with his head tilted to the side. "My beta is listening."

"I know." Lexi lowers her head, glancing over her shoulder. She can see Scott's hair peeking out from behind a clothing rack. "I don't care about your little dominance fight," she says. "but I have an idea about Derek."

Peter arches an eyebrow. "And what is that?"

"First, you have to promise to leave these kids alone." Lexi mimics Peter, crossing her arms over her chest and stepping closer to him. "You deal with me and me alone."

"And what makes you think you can deal with this, sweetheart?" Peter asks. "Oh, right, you're like us." Her confidence drops as she looks back at Scott. "That's right, Scott. Someone's lying to you."

Grabbing Peter's shoulder, she looks into his eyes. "I'm human," she whispers as she slows her heartbeat. "and I have dealt with werewolves all my life. I can deal with a few more. So, leave Scott, Stiles, Lydia, Jackson, hell, even Allison, out of your little revenge plot. I know who you want. I will help you."

When Peter blinks, the smirk returns to his lips. He offers her his elbow. "Then off we go."

With a matching grin, Lexi takes his arm. They walk out of the store together, Lexi ignoring Scott's rapid heartbeat as he watches. Eventually, the beta leaves in favor of the huntress, leaving Lexi alone with Peter.

They walk over to her car. Before she unlocks it, she pulls a knife out from her pocket and presses it against Peter's throat, pinning him to the Camaro. He clenches his jaw as she draws blood, collecting it on her finger. "This is your idea of a fun time?" He asks.

She presses the knife closer to his throat, more blood dripping down his neck. "I suggest you stay still," Lexi says. "No one's watching, and if you try anything, I'll kill you faster than you can kill me, understand?"

"This is your big plan to find Derek?" He asks as he relaxes against the blade. "Killing me?"

"No," she replies. After a moment, she removes the knife and takes a step back. "I just needed your blood. Now, I'm off to a witch friend. Locator spell." She pulls out her keys and unlocks the car. "I'll be in touch, Peter. Don't do anything stupid."

He watches as she climbs into the car, not finding the motivation to retaliate. As she drives off, she finds him watching the car with a strange expression spreading over his face—almost recognition.

She does not get too far before she pulls into the Beacon Hills preserve, parking the car in the trees. She spreads a map over the hood and runs her hands along the paper. "I'll find you, Derek," she whispers as she spreads Peter's blood over the map.

It only takes a chanted word for the map to burst into flames. Lexi jumps back, shielding her eyes as the flames die out, revealing nothing but ash. "That's not possible," she growls. "You have to be here somewhere!"

She gathers the ashes in her hand; the wind blows it across the leaf-covered ground. "Damn it," she says. "Where are you, Derek?"

Yes, Derek. Where are you? You're scaring Lexi. We don't scare Lexi.

Hope you enjoyed!

-L