1. Lee Minho

Areum

I sighed deeply looking at the building before me. It was my first day of college and I wanted to make a good Impression to my lecturer I came half an hour earlier than my first lecture just to be safe because I didn't want to get on the professor's bad side on my first day. I heard college lecturers are scary.

I literally skipped to my class excited about college life and stuff and to my surprise, there were people already In the class. I took a seat in the front just to listen carefully to whatever the lecturer will say.

Don't mind me, I'm not really a serious student I'm just excited on my first day.

Minutes later and the class was already full. Few more minutes the lecturer came in and introduced himself as Kim soo hyun. Then he began with the lecture immediately without even welcoming us freshmen.

With my pen I jotted down everything he said in a book acting serious and all. Just give me three days, trust me I'll stop.

"You have a nice handwriting " someone said beside me and I look up to see a guy who smiled sweetly at me.

"Uhm th- thanks " I said mesmerized by how handsome he is.

"You're welcome, it kinda resemble Minho's" he said looking at my book again.

"Oookay... " was all I said.

"I'm han jisung by the way I actually didn't notice you at first, your handwriting is what cought my attention " he said.

"Bai Areum" I replied.

His eyes widened for split second before he quickly blinked twice to mask it.

I know exactly what went through his mind. "Your name says Areum (beauty) but your face says chuhan (ugly)."

Yeah its been like that. People criticise me and call me names just because they think I'm ugly. Well according to Korean beauty standards anyway.

You see I'm not skinny, I'm a little bit chubby and so people call me fat. I'm not pale, I'm darker than most Koreans. And lastly, I'm 5ft 8. I got bullied a lot when I was in highschool it affected me mentally, I still call myself pretty sometimes though even if no-one think so, and even if no one ever called me that.

You are beautiful as long as you believe it. I kept telling myself that though I have my own mental breakdowns sometimes due to society pressure. But I never let it affect me to the point where I start to change myself.

Yet.

But hey! being ugly has it's own benefits. At least if anyone ever falls in love with me then I'll know it's because of my personality.

I missed the orientation and now getting to know this university will be a little challenging especially when I'm alone....

"Hey can we like have a tour in the campus once the class is over? " I asked him.

He looked taken aback for a moment. Well everyone would, I mean we just met few seconds ago. Well that's just my nature, I click with people easily except the salty ones who think I'm ugly.

"Sure" he smiled.

****

I opened the door of my apartment humming. I droopped my things on the couch and headed straight for a shower. I live alone in a two bedroom apartment because it's closer to the campus. My parents live in Jeju Island and I'll also visit from time to time but for now, let me just settle and focus on my studies. I just moved in a few days ago so I Haven't had time to introduce myself to my neighbours yet. I think most people in the building are students because it's the closest to our university, so making friends won't be that hard.

After half an hour of shower, I baked some cookies since its my speciality and left the apartment.

I knocked to the apartment opposite mine anxiously waiting for a response. Few seconds later the door opened and I came face to face with jisung.

He raised his brows at me "you live here? "

"Yeah... Umm I live across, you?" I myself didn't expect to see him.

"I came to visit a friend he's in the shower.Come in" he said.

I went in and dropped the cookies on the kitchen counter.

I waited in the living room for the friend whom jisung called Minho to come so I could introduce myself.

"Yah! jisung who was that I heard noices" I heard behind me so I quickly turned to see a half naked Minho ruffling his hair with a towel.

I quickly looked away immediately blushing only for him to come in front of me.

"And you are.?" He asked quirking his brows.

"I-uhm I'm B-Bai Areum, I live across" I said blushing harder.

Does he even know he's just in a towel and I'm a girl?

"Lee Minho" he said coldly .

"She goes to our school. She also major in music" jisung said.

"Ah.." Minho seemed to be studying me while I did the same to him. And I just have one word to describe his features.

Beautiful

My mouth opened a little looking at him and my heart started to palpitate for no reason chills running down my spine and I feel electronic shocks all over my body

What the heck?

I think I just drooled

I quickly stood up and bowed leaving before I embarrass myself more. I heard jisung calling my name but I dared not look back.

Only God knows what I'll do if stayed too long with that guy.

Lee Minho....