Backwash

The forest of chaos was in its typical peace and normal state.

It was a beautiful day outside, birds were singing, flowers were blooming. On days like these, kids like you...

Should be screaming back towards your homes because of the murderous and heartless monsters roaming around the forest, looking for humans to eat and blood to drink.

It was like that until battle between a monster and its prey was created.

"Now die!" The monster roared and smashed the ground with it's large paws. It looked at its prey and charged right at her, licking its lips with a spiked tongue. It then opened its mouth to show its sharp and pointy teeth, hoping that it would bring fear to its prey.

The prey looked at the monster with determination and bravery as she effortlessly twisted the daggers in her two hands and readied her stance, waiting 'till the monster was near her before running towards the side in which the monster didn't predict what would happen next.

She climbed the monster using the dagger as the monster roared in pain and started shaking to make the girl fall. The girl still climbed towards the monster's back. She placed one of her daggers into the small pocket bag located near her bottom leg and grabbed the sword in her back.

The girl ran towards the neck and placed the dagger on the monster skin as support to not make her fall then sliced its neck multiple times. 'Good thing the skin of this gigantic monster is like paper.' She thought. Not before long, the monster roared before falling to the ground. It laid there, lifeless. The girl jumped back to the ground, her blue hair flowing with the wind.

The village people living near the forest slowly appeared from the bushes. It went quiet for a while before shouts of happiness were heard. "Thank you for accepting the task of killing this gigantic hybrid, huntress Kat." The village chief gratefully thanked the huntress. "Come! Let us celebrate your victory in the village."

Kat bowed her head, "You're welcome chief, but I'm afraid I have to decline your invitation." She said with formality. The chief nodded in response, he understood that Kat still has a lot of things to do.

The chief's wife came over to the two with a container filled with the meat of the monster. She gives it to Kat. "Here, take some monster meat. These meat are healthier and tastier than the common meat in the market."

"Ooh. Well, I'll be right back." Kat said, going to where she placed her bag. She grabbed and went to the couple before receiving the large container and putting it inside. She thanked the villagers and trekked back to her motorcycle located near the edge of the forest. Kat drove back to her house near the edge of the city.

As soon as Kat reached her house, she checked the mail in her mailbox. Letters about monster hunting spilled out of the box. Although, one seemed to be unfamiliar to Kat. It wasn't about monster hunting nor a letter from one of her old friends. Kat hesitantly picked it up.

‹——————›

A boy with black hair fading into teal played his guitar inside his music studio, trying to find the perfect melody for his upcoming new song. 'No, the pitch is too low. Maybe he won't like this...' He thought, lowering his electric guitar to the ground and sighed.

He went to a table in a corner of his studio, checking the letters his friend delivered to him when he was focused on trying to find the nice melody. He searched the entire mountain of letters when he came across the same letter Kat was given. "Hmm... Who's letter is this from?" He muttered, wondering whether this is one of his fans' letters. He picked it up and examined it.

It looked a bit like it's from one of his old colleagues from Yandere High, a school he went to during his highschool life.

‹——————›

"Alec! You've got mail." A girl with raven haired screamed, catching the attention of the programming redhead, Alec. He stopped his new app project that he was making and walked to where the girl was.

"From who?" Alec put his hand in the pocket of his black hoodie. "If it's from Techno Company, tell them I'll decline their offer." He said and walked away, in which the girl grabbed his arm to stop him.

"I don't think it's from that company. It looks like it's from one of your old friends from Yandere High! Maybe it's from Funneh~" The girl sang the last part playfully. Alec retracted back his arm which the girl had grabbed, he took the letter that was in the girl's hand before heading back to his room.

‹——————›

"Kimberly, Gyro, lunch is ready!" The brunette shouted. Two young kids, one older than the other, ran towards the dining room. They took a seat beside each other, waiting for their mommy to bring them their lunch.

The brunette entered the dining room with a plate of sizzling grilled tuna and a plate of Chop Suey. It looked like it was made from heaven. The tuna was grilled to perfection, the sizzling sauce looked great, both the sauce and tuna smelled great. The Chop Suey was seasoned to perfection. The brunette placed the two plates in front of the twins.

The two kids ate their food, soon their eyes sparkled with delight. "Yummy~!" The two screamed at the same time. The brunette giggled at the scene of her kids eating her delicious meal.

A blue haired male came in the dining room, going towards the brunette. "As expected from one of the world's greatest chefs." He compliments, cuddling the brunette as he slowly slow-danced with her while the brunette chuckles at her husband.

"Oh, Ky..." The brunette softly says, slowly dancing along with the male. The male placed his head on the brunette, while the brunette leaned towards him.

The couple's moment was cut off short when the doorbell rang, in which Gyro went to the door. He came back with two letters. "Mommy! Daddy! You have letters." He shouted.

The couple looked at each other, confused, before taking the letters from their child's hand.

‹——————›

The letters were from an Anonymous person. Each one of them conveniently opened the letter at the same time. To their surprise, the letter wasn't exactly what they thought would be.

Dear reader,

Your presence awaits you at the abandoned Yandere High School Building, be there before 2:30. Don't bring anyone with you. This opportunity will change your lives FOREVER...

From,

Anonymous