Im just the right age chapter 1

Introduction

Hi I'm Mei and I just turned 18, My sister Elizabeth is 19. So the number that appeared for her beauty standards were already there she had an 8. An 8 out of 10, is very good. But for me Mei Sccotlie would not likely be the same. The origin for this since it's 2030, is that women get this so men in the same number area can find wife's that are as attractive as them. Its sad of how society came but no one went against it so I must act like I agree.

Chapter 1

I had to sign something to make sure I will never lie about the number I get and too never changed it, I signed it with a sloppy signature but who cares at this point. I waited with my family, my mom was a 8 and so was my father. So I was bound to get an 8 too. My family covered my eyes since it was getting close to 12:00 when the number went on my forehead. Time went slow it finally came. A number appeared. I couldn't see what number it was but all I heard was gasping. Did I get a 9 or maybe a ten?!. Until my mom uncovered my eyes... I got a 3.. I couldn't believe it. A three. My mom was supportive saying, "dear mei don't think heavily about it" she rubbed my shoulders smiling to assure me. I couldn't hold back my tears so I started bursting out in tears. I ran to my room crying. I looked in the mirror tears streaming down my face. I tried to erase it but I couldn't. I tried and tried then..my sister walked in shouting "hey sis I want too see what number you got-". She looked at me with eyes filled with despair, "sis ITS NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE" I shouted with tears streaming down my face, Elizabeth ran to me hugging me, "sister it's okay to have a three not that big of a deal" I stayed quiet. How could she think having a three was not that big of a deal of course it is. She would never know cause she has an eight. I smiled saying " oh sis can you leave now I feel much better!" She smiles. "Of course I can" she waves and closes the door. My smile fades away, I go back to the mirror grabbing my eye liner and started to change my three to an eight. I put my wallet basic hygiene things, my phone and a changer and all the stuff I need to ran away, and atleast get an apartment. I had enough money and I know some cheap apartments near by. I grab a bag filled with all the things I need and ran off. Time to live a new life without judgement.