But We're Broken Up [R]

Karlie was getting ready for the Chanel event this evening with Cara and Jourdan when Cara suddenly asked her, “You know Taylor’s going to be there, right?”

“What? Why?” Karlie asked, clearly startled and border lining nervousness.

“Because she’s famous and famous people attend fashion events…?” Cara asked, clearly not sure how to answer the question.

“Is it too late for me to like not attend?”

“Karlie, Karl personally invited us. He’ll be so disappointed if you don’t attend.” Said Jourdan.

“Ugh…” Karlie disgruntledly groaned, “Yeah, okay. Let’s just get this over with.”

***

Just to Karlie’s luck, her, Cara, and Jourdan were seated at the same table as the one and only: Taylor Swift. Also present at their table was Selena Gomez, Lily Aldridge, and Joan Smalls.

Karlie shifted uncomfortably, noticing Taylor stealing glances of her every now and then.

Every one at the table was well aware of the two’s past. After all, they did date for eight months. The others couldn’t help but shift their eyes between the two noticing the tension between them. No one wanted it to be awkward so they still conversed normally with one another just occasionally still casting glances between Karlie and Taylor.

Karlie took one large gulp of her glass of wine before excusing herself to go use the restroom.

Right as Karlie left, the food came out. The servers were placing the steaks down in front of each person when the server serving Taylor happened to be a clumsy one and tilted the plate causing the juice of the steak to drip onto Taylor’s silver dress.

Everyone gasped. It was obviously a very big deal for someone with such a high status to have a stain on them at a social event not to mention a fashion event.

“Oh my God! Miss Swift, I am so so sorry!” The server exclaimed, clearly astounded and at a lost.

Taylor, not being one of animosity, said it was okay before proceeding to the restroom.

“Ugh…” Taylor groaned as entered the restroom causing the person washing their hands at the sink to look up, and it was none other than Karlie Kloss.

“Hey…” Taylor said softly, not wanting it to be so awkward between them.

“Hey,” Karlie responded, not wanting to be rude. Just then, she noticed the stain on Taylor, “what happened?”

“Clumsy server.”

Karlie nodded in acknowledgement.

“So, how’ve you been? I haven’t heard from you in a while…” Taylor started the small talk as she tried to clean her stain.