2.

The radio buzzed some oldies tune, radio stations coming in and out as the couple drove down that off the beaten path towards their destination. And they should have turned back, shouldn't have listened to that old man's words but they were foolish.

Perhaps once they listened, they would learn, no?

Left. It was what the old man had said and the guy veered left at the four way stop, like clockwise and like Simon says. Each mile becoming more and more distant and bare of buildings and civilization.

Until it broke through, the rusted and weathered sign off the side of the road.

Welcome to the town of Duskwood, enjoy your stay.

The population count was too worn out to make an accurate decipher of it. The guy's eyes skimmed the sign ever so brief as they flew by in their car, the girl pursing her lips deep in thought as the town came into view from the trees forested around them. 

"Huh." The girl flopped back against the leather seat of the car as she scanned her eyes over the old country town lined with cute old farmhouses and shops.

The guy shot her a look. "Huh what?" He asked, curiosity getting the better of him.

She kept her eyes on the town, speed slowing down in the car as they drove through it slowly but surely.

"I don't know...the old man at the gas station said there wasn't anything here." She shrugged her thin shoulders.

The guy scoffed in agreement. "Well, he's not wrong. Place looks like it hasn't seen visitors in years, like some country hick town."

The girl rolled her eyes towards her lover, drawing in a deep breath into her lungs as she looked over at him. "Really, Jude?"

Jude.

He laughed.

"I'm just saying, babe. It looks like a redneck town...like in that one show about the vampires having sex with the humans and shit."

The girl rose her brows. "Are you talking about True Blood?" She questioned, shooting him a really kind of expression.

He shrugged in response, eyes catching onto a nearby sign as he pointed in the direction of the building.

"Hey, wanna get something to eat while we're here?" He asked, the small town diner coming into view. Seemed outdated as the rest of the town but nothing could beat that Southern homestyle cooking.

The girl nodded. "Yes, I'm starving and we won't be able to stop anywhere probably for another couple hours."

They pulled off into a parking spot in front of the diner, getting out where the flickering neon sign and the diner itself had certainly seen better days. 

Daisy's Diner.

Cute name, even cuter once the young couple walked inside and the bell dinged upon their arrival inside. Like the decor was a blast from the past, never changed and forever encased in that 80s feel. The girl smiled wide at the look of it, the red and white booths needed a good cleaning but other then that the diner itself seemed to be kept up on the inside. She could smell the delicious food the moment she walked in, sliding into one side of the booth while he slid into the other side.

Blonde, she was pretty and lean as she approached them in her cute little dress and apron around her waist, setting a couple of menus down in front of them.

"Hey ya'll, welcome to Daisy's I'll be your waitress Hanna, can I get some drinks started for ya'll?" She pulled out a pen and small notebook.

Jude motioned towards his girl, letting her order first like the gentleman he was.