Christmas Solitude

Emmanuel

'🎵Let's sing Merry Christmas and a happy holiday
This season may we never forget the love we have for Jesus
Let him be the one to guide us as another new year starts
And may the spirit of Christmas be always in our hearts...🎵 '

Christmas carols filled the place. Christmas. So what? Nothing's special with christmas.

It's one month before Christmas, but everyone is preparing. Displaying their Christmas trees, Christmas lights, Christmas Lanterns and all of the Christmas decoration they have.

Everyone is so excited with this time of the year. They are enjoying everything that they will received as a present from their relatives, Godparents and from their family.

Me?

Enjoying the whole yuletide season with myself and drink to excess.

My contemplation was disturbed when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Hey man!"

I turned my gaze to Xander who's grinning beside me.

"What?" Iritado kong sagot. He'll be teasing me again for sure.

"Ano ba 'yang mukha mo, mukhang biyernes santo. Hey dude Christmas is nearly coming!" I drink the last shot of my vodka before answering him.

"You know Xander, just shut your fucking mouth before I lost my temper."

"Easy men! Easy! Gotta go, my girls are waiting for me!" He said before leaving.

Nandito ako ngayon sa bar niya. He's my friend since I was in High School. And his bar has always been my resting place. Enjoying the booze until I get drunk.

"Hi handsome." May lumapit sa'king babae at umupo sa binti ko.

Slut.

"Are you alone?" She asked while touching my face and her hands roaming around my body. Isn't it obvious?

"Yeah." Bagot kong sagot sa kaniya.

"Wanna have someone to heat up your night?" A lustful smile escape from her lips.

I just looked at her. Really?

"I don't entertain sluts. Get out of my sight." Pagkasabi ko no'n nag-iba ang timpla ng kanyang mukha, mula sa mapaglarong ngiti naging iritado ito.

I decided to leave the bar and go to my condo instead.

As I reached the building, the guard greeted me a Merry Christmas. I just nodded to him. I don't want to be rude to him. He's too good to everyone.

Malapit ng magsara ang elevator nang biglang may kamay na sumingit dito. Pumasok ang isang pamilyar na mukha.

"Hi Emman!" Billy said and press the number 10 button. She's Belinita Cortez. Mas gusto niyang tinatawag na Billy kaysa Belinita. She's always here , specially when it's Christmas and New Year. Beside my condo is her grandmother's unit. She's too old and only her personal nurse is with her.

"Oh natulala ka jan? Nagagandahan ka nanaman sa'kin noh? Sus, aminin mo na kase na may gus-" pinutol ko na ang sasabihin niya dahil alam ko na ang susunod do'n.

"Shut up Billy."

"'To naman 'di na mabiro. Nga pala, gusto do'n magdinner sa unit ni Mamu? Kaming tatlo lang kasi ang nandun kasama ni Kaki, yung nurse? Kung gusto mo lang naman." It's the thing that I hate about her. First, her being talkative, and this, she's always asking me if I want to go to her grandma's unit. And I hate it. Nakakairita.