Chapter 52: You Don't Need To Pretend

Summary: it's been a couple of days, the members had been visiting and checking up on Yeonjun and of course, he had a couple of breakdowns and they had some fights but they decided they would stay even if Yeonjun continued to hurt them. Yeonjun has had his therapist camren come in a couple of times so yeah

“Omg! Eomma! You’re awake!”. Yeonjun exclaimed. He pulled his eomma into a tight hug. “Oh! Yeonjun! Honey!”. Ji Woo hugged back a little surprised. They let go and smiled at each other. “Why are you here honey?”. She asked. “What do you mean? You got in a car crash, how could I not?”. Yeonjun answered with another question. “Oh, then where’s your appa? Is he at work?”. Yeonjun’s smile fell as he processed his Eomma’s question. “Why are you asking for him? Do you not remember?”. Yeonjun asked suspiciously. “Oh honey! Don’t be silly! You can just tell me that he’s at work!”. “He's not coming ever Eomma. He’s in jail”. Yeonjun said confused and upset. “What do you mean Yeonjun? Did you and Appa get into a fight? Is that why you’re trying to avoid him and the topic? You don’t need to say he’s in jail, just tell me you two got into a fight”. Ji Woo said in a sweet tone. Yeonjun sighed. He decided he would just play along until he got an explanation from the doctors. “Yes Eomma, me and Appa got into a fight. But we can talk about it later”. “Oh my Yeonjunnie, it’ll be okay”. Ji Woo smiled and caressed her son’s hair gently.

“So how is she?”. Yeonjun asked, arms crossed. “She’ll need to get on some medication, some fluids so her blood pressure doesn’t drop too low, and some oxygen therapy because it’ll help with the swelling”. The doctor explained. Yeonjun nodded. “Does memory loss occur in head injuries?”. He asked. The doctor nodded. “It’ll go on for a while until she’s recovered”. He explained. "Okay, thank you". Yeonjun bowed and then walked back inside his Eomma's room. "Here's your medicine ma'm. After you take it you are allowed to go walk around outside in the hospital area of course". The nurse said with a nice smile. "Ah, Kamsahamnida". Ji Woo thanked before taking the pills. "Hi Eomma". Yeonjun greeted as he stood in front of Ji Woo. "Ah Yeonjunnie, I was wondering if you could help me outside since I've kinda forgotten to walk". "Of course Eomma". Before Yeonjun could grab her, he heard the door open to reveal the members with Jin, of course. "Oh! Ji Woo! You're awake!". Jin exclaimed. "Oh Jinnie! Come here!". Ji Woo exclaimed as she embraced Jin into a hug. "You didn't tell me you were bringing the members too! OMG guys come here! It's been so long!". Yeonjun annoyingly watched as his Eomma brought the other members into a hug. At least he pretended to be annoyed. "Oh Huening Kai! I've missed you the most!". "Ah Me too Ms. Choi". Huening Kai bowed and smiled widely. "Don't need to get so formal! I'm your eomeani!". Ji Woo laughed. "No no it's okay! I hope you don't mind". Huening Kai assured her not wanting to upset Yeonjun. "Ah, I don't mind it's okay". 

"Well anyway, I was just about to go outside. Maybe one of you could help me so Yeonjun can catch up with you guys because I know he hasn't left the hospital at all". Ji Woo explained. "Oh! Let me help you Ji Woo!". Jin offered. "Yes yes, okay you boys catch up now". Ji Woo said before leaving with Jin. "Ah Yeonjun Hyung, have you eaten?". Soobin asked awkwardly. "No". Yeonjun answered, except it wasn't in a cold tone. Thankfully. "Here Yeonjun Hyungie! Beomgyu Hyung and I got you some food!". Taehyun exclaimed cutely handing Yeonjun a bag. "Thanks Taehyun". Yeonjun smiled, the same smile he used to have. It reminded all the members of him before. His sweet self. It was heartbreaking really. "Ah okay well uh Taehyun and I will go with Jin Hyung". Soobin said bowing. It only left Beomgyu and Huening Kai. They all sat down and made some sort of conversation. "Have you been sleeping Yeonjunnie Hyung?". Huening Kai asked hopeful. Yeonjun shook his head. "Oh…". "The doctors say it's insomnia……..how about you? You seem very tired". Yeonjun said. "No, not really". "Why?". Yeonjun asked sounding concerned. "Ah well just reasons". Huening Kai answered with an unsure tone. "Just reasons? Yeah I'm not buying it but I'll let it pass". Yeonjun scoffed and then stopped speaking. "How have you been? You seem different". Beomgyu asked trying to get the silence out of the way. "Good actually. I guess my Eomma being awake and healthy puts me more at ease but it doesn't really change anything". Yeonjun explained. "What do you mean?". Huening Kai asked. "Well the doctors give me medicine so I don't feel so depressed and negative but I still feel so disconnected and upset when I'm alone or not having to do anything with anyone. I avoid most people since I usually just get mad". "Why didn't you call us when your Eomma woke up?". Huening Kai suddenly asked with a serious expression. "Well she barely woke up this morning and plus, if you guys haven't noticed……..we aren't really that close anymore for me to have to call you about anything". Yeonjun said. Huening Kai sighed. "But we are close. That hasn't changed". "Kai. I literally feel like I'm a ghost most of the time and all we've been doing is fighting for the past days, pretty sure it means we aren't even supposed to be near each other". Yeonjun said, starting to get angry. "I really don't understand why you keep saying these things. I know you have mental health issues and you do too but it's like at this point, all the mean things you're saying is just on purpose". Huening Kai stood up and then crossed his arms as he got upset. "I'm not dealing with this shit right now". Yeonjun said walking off. Huening Kai grabbed his wrist. "No, you need to listen to what I'm trying to say". "No. I. Don't". "Yes!". "No!". Yeonjun tried to take Kai's grip away but he only held on tighter. "Let me go Huening Kai". Yeonjun demanded. "No". The younger pulled Yeonjun to his chest. "Stop running away from your problems Yeonjun". "If I don't! Then I'll end up hurting you all! Don't you get it!? I'm trying to make you all leave! But you won't!". "So what!? You've been lying about all the mean things you've been saying!?". Kai asked stunned. "Well, most of the time!". Yeonjun answered. "Just let us help you and you won't have to go through that!". Huebing Kai yelled. "No! I don't want your help!". Yeonjun argued. "Well too bad!". Yeonjun growled and then pushed Huening Kai off of him. "Just let me be!". He begged before running off. "Go after him Beomgyu Hyung!". Huening Kai yelled. Beomgyu nodded and then ran after his Hyung. "Yeonjun Hyung!". He yelled. 

They both stopped outside of the hospital. Yeonjun stood on the sidewalk as Beomgyu walked closer to him. "Yeonjun Hyung…..you shouldn't stand so close to the cars passing by". Beomgyu warned. "I could just jump in front of car right now. I wish I could". Yeonjun mumbled. "No, don't do it Hyung. Don't feel that way". Beomgyu said firmly. "I just want everything to be okay for once". Yeonjun said in a shaky voice. "I know you do Hyung…...I know…...but you have to let us help you. At least accept it now. I know later you'll get upset and deny it but just please…..". Beomgyu begged with tears in his eyes. Yeonjun turned around and looked at Beomgyu with tears streaming down his face. "But I can't…….. I've already done the worse I can…...don't give hope that it won't happen again". His voice cracked as he sobbed uncontrollably. "Come here Hyung". Beomgyu opened his arms getting closer. Yeonjun shook his head aggressively. "Yeonjun Hyung, please! Just let us resolve this and go inside!". "NO! I DON'T WANT TO!". Yeonjun shouted. Beomgyu furrowed his eyebrows. "Why can't you just let us help!? We're trying so hard!". "but you don't need to! That's the thing! Stop trying to help me when it's not gonna work! It'll just end up back to where it started!". "I don't care!". "YOU SHOULD!". Yeonjun sobbed uncontrollably. “I shouldn’t though! I’m your best friend and your family! I’m the person who’s always gonna protect you and be there for you even if you don’t want it! I love you so much you don’t even understand how much it hurts to see you like this!”. Beomgyu put his hearts into his words as he was on the verge of crying. Yeonjun faced Beomgyu biting his lip. He shook his head and then ran to Beomgyu jumping on him. Beomgyu hugged him back letting Yeonjun straddle him. "I'm sorry if things are harder now! It's all my fault!". He cried out. “No baby, it’s okay. It’s not your fault”. Beomgyu affectionately said. Yeonjun jumped down and then hugged Beomgyu normally, crying into his chest. Beomgyu held Yeonjun in his arms until they decided to go back inside. 

Time Skippp To Nightttt

"Are you sure you can stay the night here?". Soobin asked. "Yes I can Soobin". "Do you need anything?". Taehyun asked. "No no it's okay Taehyun". "I just feel like we shouldn't leave you alone". Soobin whined. "You did it for the past few days, it's fine". Yeonjun shrugged. "Yeah but that was before you ran out of the hospital crying". Soobin cautioned. Yeonjun smacked his lips. "It's fine Soobinnie". "But-". "I SAID IT'S FINE SOOBIN!". Yeonjun suddenly raised his voice scaring the boys. Yeonjun took a deep breath. "I'm sorry….. I'm sorry for scaring you…..it's fine Soobin. Really. It's okay. I'll be okay". Yeonjun calmed himself and lowered his voice. He opened his arms for the members. "Hurry up and hug me while I'm sane and not being an asshole". The boys embraced each other proudly. "You aren't an asshole Yeonjun Hyung". Soobin mumbled. "We'll see about that when I end up having a breakdown". 

Late At Night

Soobin's Pov

I woke up to the sound of crying. I didn't know who it was but I immediately got up. I looked around the room. Taehyun and Beomgyu were asleep so it only left……..Huening Kai. I got out of my bed and headed towards Kai. "Huening Kai? Are you okay?". I asked in a quiet voice. "Y-yes I'm f-fine Hyung". He sniffled as he tried to speak in a normal voice but I could tell he was lying. I sighed. "Kai…….you don't need to pretend. I know you're lying". Huening Kai sniffled and didn't say anything. I frowned and then got into the bed. "What are you doing Soobin Hyung?". He asked. I pulled Huening Kai into my chest and then spoke. "I'm comforting you……I'm tired of hearing Beomgyu say you cry every night. I should be taking care of you as I've always promised Yeonjun". "What are you talking about? I don't cry at night". Huening Kai denied it and looked away from my gaze. "Stop thinking you need to be strong for everyone. Let us comfort you now. You've been thinking about others for too long you've forgotten how to think of yourself". I felt Huening Kai snuggle in closer and bury his head into my chest. "I know Hyung…..I know". He cried out softly. I caressed his head and wiped his tears away. "Stop crying aga". I whispered before kissing his forehead. "Thank you Soobinnie Hyung". "Of course". Huening Kai ended up calling asleep first. I know you're still in pain Kai…… I know aga. Even when things are good, you feel upset. You're carrying too much of this burden. I promise I'll make things get better for us all. Especially for you and Yeonjun.

A/N: MERRY CHRISTMAS MOA!!!! This was my gift to you all since I usually wait until after like a full 5 days to update. Sorry I couldn't post some happy stuff but heyyy you still got content! Anyway, have a merry Christmas moa! I love you all!Don't forget to vote and follow me! Love ya💜💜💜✨ Author Min out!