Prologue

The sign, La Vida Nocturna, beamed neon red above the club's entrance. Beyond its hazy glow, lively music was blaring from the inside, a loud promise to keep nearby residents awake that night. But there would be no complaints. The surrounding houses were deserted and their windows had been void of light since sunset, so it was safe to assume everyone was packed in the same club in search of a getaway. 

It wasn't surprising that inside, people shamelessly terrorized the dance floor, doing things they would regret in the morning if they were lucky enough to remember. If they couldn't, then a few recorded videos on social media would definitely remind them.

With a roll of his eyes Daniel realized that if he did anything stupid tonight like the others, Caleb would never let him hear the end of it. They weren't here to party. Or, at least, Caleb wasn't.

In the front of the line, Daniel had to push his blonde hair out of his eyes to get a better look at the commotion inside. Someone - a silhouette of a girl had stolen the spotlight and started dancing, met with cheers and shrill, wild screams. Before he could make out any more details, however, Caleb nudged him in the ribs as a large figure blocked their view. 

Daniel eyed the bouncer's name tag. Miguel. He was glaring down at them with a pair of beady eyes, and in spite of himself, Daniel glowered back.

"I'm gonna need to see your ID," said Miguel in fast Spanish, crossing his arms. "The fee's 200 pesos, by the way."

From the corner of his eyes, Daniel saw Caleb giving him a meaningful look. Ignoring his best friend, Daniel studied the bouncer with cold eyes. Then, nonplussed, he started straight ahead, Caleb hot on his heels. The bouncer's furious yell followed them.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?"

Miguel reached for Daniel's shoulder to grab him, but suddenly, he froze. His black eyes started darting feverishly, his arms going rigid. Right fist clenched, Daniel kept walking as the line behind him buzzed with confusion.

"What's up with him?"

"Is he alright?"

As soon as the mob inside La Vida Nocturna enveloped Daniel and Caleb, Miguel could move again. He was breathing hard, deaf to the comments being thrown at him. As he struggled to regain his composure, he looked back at the entrance almost frantically, but they had already vanished into the crowd. No one had seen the smirk playing on Daniel's lips.

The sign flickered.

Hi, you've just finished my prologue for Lights Out! So I've been searching the internet for the past few weeks, hoping to find a Daniel Diaz fanfiction. On multiple websites I only found a few combined and that really annoyed me, so I decided to start my own. Seriously, after Daniel's glow up there's only what, 3 fanfics of him on Wattpad? Hella disappointing. Therefore, here's mine to add to the bunch. Constructive criticism is appreciated ♥️

{{this story is under editing}}