Chapter 7

*Aspens POV*. . . Continued

"Wait one moment, your highness," I mocked, " Why am I not allowed to guard Lady America's room"

"Well, like I said, you may help her try and win, which will lead to disqualification and becoming an 8 in the caste system, for you as well. Why do want to guard her room anyway? Do you like Lady America?" I gulp, this is not good.

*Maxons POV*

I lift my eyebrow, this is all the proof I need. I knew it, he still likes America. Of course he would, she's the most perfect person in the history of humanity. I've never experienced this much power.

"Yes, plus I've known her longer." He murmured, not knowing I heard what he said.

"Well then, that gives me more of a reason to believe that you and Lady Singer should not be together, remember Officer Ledger she is here to compete for my heart not yours." I say sternly, while he wears a shocked face.

"And," I continue "if you do try to win her heart, or tell her untruthful things about me, I shall not just tell my farther but the whole of Illéa what your plans are. You had your chance with her, broke her heart, then the next day your with some other girl. Yet you want her back because she's part of the selection. I will not let you break her heart again, not while I live." I am fuming with anger, jealousy and sadness. Bloody playboy.

As he leaves my study, he's muttering something I can't quite make out. For a good 20 minutes I just sit there and think, what would have America done if she wasn't a selected? Probably still with that Aspen guy, maybe even engaged or worse, married!!!

The thought of that makes me shudder. As I'm about to get up, my farther comes into the room with the one thing I fear, in his hands. A whip.

OH NO, what have I done now?

Hey guys, sorry it's been like 2 weeks now and I haven't updated. Hope this chapter was OK.

Umm...I.. I don't feel like this story is going anywhere from this point on. I feel like it's going to end the same way as the original series did, and I don't have that feeling of ' yay, I want to update' I just feel like it's a bit of a chore. I don't want to let you down, so I was thinking on discontinuing it and start on a new, better, different maxerica story. Thoughts?

Merry Christmas to you all 🎉🎅🎄🎁, I'm sorry if I've let you down.

btw, if you want to carry this book on you can. Please @ me, I want to know what ideas you have ❤️❤️❤️