The Doll

As the fresh snow fell, a man worked carefully and cautiously while he chipped away at the newly made porcelain. He worked slowly, minding of how much importance of what he was creating.
"Ahh, you will be my greatest creation. A great friend you'll be indeed".
The man inserted the clockwork within the porcelain body.

A light from the window of the man burned through the night, the only sound being the small droplets of drain pipes and the occasional chittering and chirping of animals and birds alike. The bell of the store's door chimed as a male by the name of Satori strolled in, the man looking up from his workbench, that of which he had been painting details on the face of the propped up porcelain body. Satori looked at the progress of the human-sized doll.
"I see you've been working hard, I hope for it to be done by the new moon".
The man sighed exausted "I understand, but this type of work takes time and care to function properly".
"Of course it does, I'd expect nothing less. But her day of birth is no more than two full moons away!!".
The man sighed and nodded "Alright sir, I'll have it done by then".
Satori nodded and briskly walked out the toy shop, the man going back to his work and taking out two emeralds of a minty green color.

He gently worked at them, slowly forming two identical eyes. They we're beautifully detailed with white translucent pupils. Carefully, they were set in the eye sockets, them falling closed. Humming, the man tinkered with a small box as small notes of music emitted from it. Taking a mint green, pink and purple coat from a drawer, He sewed in the box and gold embroidery on the trimmings of the coat.
He set six dangling crystal prisms on the hanging embroidery that was attached to a crystal button.

Once finished, he layed it aside and started sewing a white, lacey collared tunic. It was made of a plain white silk and rose-patterned lace on the collar in fluffy ruffles. Though it took quite a few hours, it was worth all it's beauty. The man wiped his face with a cloth.
"There Jaia, this shall do beautifully".
The man (name now revealed to be Jaia) went on to finish the mint green pants.
Jaia worked carefully, not missing a single detail from the stitching to rose embroidery.

Finally done, he started drafting the shoes, planning out everything. It'd be hard to explain with just words, so I shall draw a picture in your minds.
Pearl white, slightly tinted pink, crystal buttons and beautifully placed rose-patterned gold embroidery. At the bottom in silver letters it would have the creator's signature in cursive lettering.
Rolling up the drafts, Jaia put on his coat and started walking to the shoe maker's. The snow, once fresh and thin, was now thick and difficult to walk through. Jaia didn't mind though, trugging easily through the snow.

He got to the shop, opening the door "Riku!". A magenta haired male jumped up from where he was napping at his desk, groggily rubbing his eyes and groaning.
"The shop's closed.....come back tommorrow...".
Riku yawned as Jaia smacked the draft on the desk.
"I need your help".
He sighed, looking at the blueprints sleepily and suddenly getting up quickly.
"You want me? To make these? It's impossible. I'm not a doll maker".
Jaia got onto his knees and begged "Please!? I haven't doubted your skills for a second! I know you can do it, please!?".
Riku mentally groaned at his plea. He sighed giving in and pulled Jaia to his feet.
"Ugh! Fine! Just get up. Perhaps I can try to make these, but I won't promise that they'll be any good". Jaia thanked him. Riku looked over at the draft "Human-sized? For a doll?". "Yes, this one is quite special".
Riku nodded and started taking out materials, Jaia watching intently.
Riku sighed and looked at Jaia "ill deliver to you're shop. Now leave me to my work". He nodded and left back to his toy shop, sitting at his bench and looking at the unfinished work of art.
"Your almost finished, all I need is your hair, shoes, and a name to call your own".
He sighed, thinking of a name. It couldn't be common or rare, it had to be specially tailored to him. He took out a record of names and looked through it for hours on end, sleep soon trying you overtake him. Sighing, He put it away and took his rest after supper and a bath.

Through the night, Riku worked with the knowledge that this was important to his friend. Riku would never admit it himself, but He cared for his friend dearly and thought of him as a younger brother.
The light of the home burned through three night as the snow became thicker and heavier as it carried on.

By morning, it had been done. He tied up the loose ends of the lace, him wrapping them up in a box and walking to his destination.

When entering the small toy shop, Riku found Jaia grooming the mint green hair of the doll. A small pink streak was in the bangs, the hair slightly past the shoulders. He looked up and greeted Riku.
"Hello, your up unusually early Riku".
He set the brush down and looked at the box. "It's finished already?". Riku nodded and huffed with slight annoyance in his attitude. "I got it done because I knew you wouldn't leave me alone about it till it was done".
Seeing the box down, He went and touched the hair of the life sized doll.
" High quality, it feels like soft silk".
"That's the point".
Jaia opened up the box and took out the shoes. "Their perfect".
"That's how I build things".
He nodded and set the shoes in the box, getting out the neatly folded clothes. "Now to dress him". Riku sat as Jaia slipped the shirt and undergarment on the doll. Buttoning the shirt, he then slipped the trousers on it. Putting the lacey trimmed stockings on and picking up the jacket, he then stood up the doll at it's full height of 5"11.

After sliding on the jacket and buttoning it up, He sat the doll on the table and picked up the shoes. Unpacking the silver rope on the side, he slipped it on and laced t-the side back up. Doing the same with the other foot, he backed up to look at the finished piece............

Well, almost.

Though He was physically finished, he still had no name. Riku stared in awe.
"Your work it's beautiful but, what is his name?". "The thing is... I can't figure one out".
Ring thought a moment before speaking "Kawaro, it's unique and I've never once heard of it as a name". "It's perfect!!".
A box was taken out by Jaia, soft velvet covered the insides of it with Kawaro being gently seated inside. The box was mint green with the pattern of stars and candies on it, Jaia put a letter on the doll's lap, it having a pink wax seal on the envelope in the shape of a candy. He then put the lid on the box as Riku tied on a white ribbon. "Done!!".
Jaia sighed and sat down, tired from all of the work. "Tommorrow is the delivery date... I just hope that all goes well".

But little did Satori know, he was not to be the recipient of this dearly cherished person by the name of Kawaro....