one.

Unedited.

It was Monday evening. The sun hasn't set yet, and people outside are still bustling, might be busier than ever as they trying to wrapped up whatever they're working with over and done with for today. It was also my time to pay my mother a visit.

Monday was our thing. Our special day is on Monday. We did everything as mother and daughter only on Monday. Even when I'm still in school, my mother always stays in the school parking lot, waiting for me. I eat lunch with her on Mondays and after school ended, we will always go somewhere to made up the time we lost.

My Mother was a nurse. A very good hardworking nurse. She only has her days off on Monday, that's why Monday became our thing. She works so hard to make sure her only daughter has a roof above her head, foods on the table and got the best education ever. She will put her only daughter first before her.

and that's the reason why she's no longer with me on the first place.

Don't get me wrong, she's a great mother, the most amazing mother I should say. But her choice, putting my education first instead of her health is foolish. Her only foolish decision. Ever.

My mother was diagnosed with Stomach Cancer when I was a senior in Highschool, and I didn't know about it until I graduated college.

She kept that as a secret for 5 years so I could finish my education first.

And after I found out about it, it was way too late. The cancer has eaten her stomach, damaging her insides and doctor said she doesn't have much time left.

And the doctor was right.

Just a week after we went to the hospital together for the first time, she decided that her time has come and refuses any treatment that the hospital has offered. She chooses to see the angels above.

She went with a smile on her face and she said something I would remember for the rest of my life;

"Please don't forget about our special day, Jiah. And make sure you bring the flowers."

That's exactly what I did for the past 6 months.

•••

Flower.
That's what my mother wants me to bring every single Monday. There's a flower shop down the street. The flower shop I always go to for the past 6 months. The flower shop I enjoyed go to. The flower shop runs by a boy. A shy, timid boy. Park Seonghwa.

Our relationship is no more than an owner and a costumer. We weren't that close, though I wish we were. He alwas greets me with the smile of his that sent butterflies to my stomach and red ears of his. I enjoyed talking to him even though it only consists of;

"How are you today? I hope you're doing well. Please say hi to your mom from me."

Park Seonghwa cannot seem to form those sentences without turning red. That's what I like about him. He's shy and timid. He tried so hard to greet the costumers with a smile even though he's dying inside with embarrassment. He's brave. Something I wasn't.

But those words sent me into frenzy. Those words that keeps me coming to that flower shop even when there's a flower shop in front of the gate to my mother's graveyard.

The walk from my apartment to the flower shop was eventful. I didn't notice I already standing in front of the shop.

Seonghwa was there. Standing. Arranging flowers it seems like. His back was facing me and I thank the lord for the sight. I checked myself from the reflection of the window shop before entering. Hoping Seonghwa notice what I did to myself.