2. DENVER

A FEW HOURS EARLIER

My brain is racing rapidly thinking about Marina's sobbing voice as I shove things into a duffel bag. I throw open my closet and walk inside feeling for the cold metal that is my Ruger. Once my hand finds the gun on the top shelf I hear my apartment door slam open. I turn around immediately aiming the gun at the intruder.

"Jesus fucking Christ, Mal!" Denver shouts out as he throws his hands up.

"Why would you just burst into my apartment like that, Den?"

"I don't fucking know but can you please put the fucking gun down!" He gestures to the gun and makes a lowering motion.

I hadn't realized I was still aiming it at his head. Whoops. I slowly bring the gun down in front of me with a coy smile at the scared look and pure shock on Denver's handsome face. I don't see that look often but the sadist in me adores it.

"Are you seriously getting turned on after aiming a gun at my head?" His eyebrows scrunch together when I shrug. "There's something really wrong with you, Mal." Now that is definitely true.

"I know." I give him a blazing smile. I try to clear my head of all the sexual thoughts that started to plague my mind. "I can't do this right now, Den." Because the moment my mind starts going down the sex rabbit hole there's no stopping it until it gets satisfied. There's nothing worse than a sexually frustrated yours truly.

"What?" He closes the door to my apartment. "You're the one who called me so I could give you some dick. So here I am." He gives me a smirk as he grabs himself through his pants. The act makes me give him a hearty eye roll because his brazenness is ridiculous.

"As much as I wanted your cock earlier I don't now. I'm surprised you even showed up since I never called you back." He frowns automatically. "I'm sorry but I've had something really serious come up."

"I could make something come up right now that would make you forget all about whatever that serious thing is." He takes a couple of steps towards me until he's right in front of me. "I want you, Mal, right now." His strong voice demands and it makes me shiver. Denver takes his shirt off revealing the tattooed canvas of his skin. Thick black lines effectively cover almost all of it and my mouth waters at the sight. "I want to take you on this bed right now." Those eyes. That tone. His body. I can't help but want it too.

"Denver..."

Denver Bastian Riley. A man that is all man. He's all muscle. All dominant alpha-male outside of the bedroom as well as inside of the bedroom. Well, until Den met me.  Denver and I battled for that the first time we'd had sex. It was one of the hottest sexual encounters I've ever had.

I'd fisted my hands in his strip of chocolate hair. I'd yanked it, trying to rip it out from the roots. Then he'd done the same to me. I'd wrapped my hands around his throat and he'd wrapped his around mine while the both of us fucked each other harder than should be physically possible. We went on like that for hours until the two of us were completely satiated.

In the end though I'd let him take control over our sexual experience. I'd let him dominate me. I'd even asked for it. He'd put me over his knee and had spanked me raw, which is something I swore I'd never let another man do again. Afterward he'd massaged my tender buttocks with his firm hands before practically splitting me in half with the thing he was just grabbing in front of me. I'd never felt more vulnerable in my life than in that moment and he knew it.

After the sex I'd slowly climbed out of bed and away from Denver. I'd began to gather my things to leave when he'd sat up in the bed and told me to stop. Denver asked me to stay the night with him. When I'd paused he basically demanded it and my inner alpha had hated the way half of me was basically shivering in anticipation from his tone. Once he barked out another order for me to climb back into his bed, I had.