3. MISS (TRESS)

After our extremely uncomfortable introductions we've decided on a plan of action. Luke is going to make sure we fly out first thing in the morning but he wants me to stay with him until then. He wants to keep me safe because he knows the bad shit we are facing, the bad people.

Denver wasn't too keen on the idea. Luke could tell and had told Denver that he didn't have to come with us. He'd said he was more than capable of helping me and handling me. Denver had definitely not liked those words or what they insinuated. He'd scoffed at Luke but Luke only gave him a look of complete seriousness. He could handle me, well me handling him.

You could also tell Luke didn't want to be anywhere near Denver, just like Denver didn't want to be anywhere near Luke. The looks the two of them traded were fierce, to say the least. Because if looks could kill, well, they'd both be dead.

Once I'd crossed the threshold into his multi-million-dollar estate I'd had flashbacks of all the times I'd had with Luke. I'd immediately looked off to the staircase to my left remembering a time when Luke and I had spent the better part of an hour with his mouth on me. I'd paused in front of it, just starring like an idiot, as I thought about the sexual experience.

Luke had cleared his throat, making my feet move once again and I had wondered if he knew what I was picturing. I would say he most likely did, he knows how my brain works. I wonder if he looks at that staircase and thinks about that same thing, probably not. He walks up and down them every day, effectively stomping out those memories I'm sure.

We'd all wordlessly gone up the stairs and nothing but filth ran through my mind the entire time. All I could think about was having Luke in almost every room of this place. I wondered what types of women he sleeps with now and I wondered if they were anything at all like me.

I'd immediately dispelled that notion though. I couldn't think of him doing what he did with me with anyone else. For some reason that makes the she-devil in my head very unhappy. It was a silly thing to be unhappy about considering how I'd left him and what I did afterward. Not to mention I'd brought Denver with me to his home, it was hardly even a fair thought.

Luke had then shown the two of us to our rooms. Denver had said he'd just stay with me in my room but the murderous look on Luke's face had me saying no to that. I couldn't have Denver sleeping in a bed with me under this roof. It's bad enough that it's been five years and I just showed up here out of nowhere, with another man no less. Luke might have serious masochistic tendencies inside of the bedroom but definitely not outside of it.

I let out a sigh as I dig in my bag for my night-dress. I take all off my clothing and place the sheer black garment over my head. I walk over to the bed and begin to pull down the covers when I hear a voice from the doorway.

"You know, Malyssa, I never thought you'd be the relationship type again." Luke's deep voice continues with, "I especially never saw you, of all people, going submissive... and with someone like that."

"We're not in a relationship, Luke." Denver would beg to differ that though. "We sure as hell don't do any of that." He knows what kink I'm referring to. "It's just a casual thing."

"Does he know that?" I don't say anything because Denver was pretty possessive and it's apparent Luke had picked up on that fact. "So, the two of you are just sexual and nothing more?" I nod, keeping my eyes off of him. "Is that why you left? Did you not want to be with someone like me, someone sub-"

"No, that's not it, Luke." I finally look at him. "You know that's not it. What you and I had was..." I feel my body warm at just the thought.

The amount of intimacy and trust we'd had in our relationship was next to impossible to achieve with someone. I'd known Luke my whole life. I trusted him with everything as he trusted me and when we grew up our relationship took a turn into a sexual one naturally. We'd experienced everything together. All of our firsts were with one another.