Chapter 1

"Okay class, today you are going to learn about zygotes." Mr.Wahlberg was my freshman science teacher. This was my favorite class because nobody talks to me or calls on me so I sit and listen.

School was finally over, so I needed to walk to Walmart to get some necessities. The walk was freezing. It's the middle of February and there's snow on the ground. But lucky for me I had my thick north face jacket on. I don't really live that far away from my school, it's about a 20 minute walk. Finally I arrive at the Walmart.

I get the munchies I need; Cheetos, yogurt, and Mountain Dew. Then I head to the tampon and pad aisle. You can probably guess why I went there. I grab the things I need and turn around into a big block of human. "Hey, you're Riley right?" I looked up to find the familiar face of my science teacher, Mr.Wahlberg. "I know this is a really awkward question to ask, but my daughter just started her "womanly thing" and I don't really know what to get her..."

This is so weird. My teacher wants me to look for pads with him... "How old is she Mr.W?" He smiled and said "She's 13. Becoming a teenager I guess." I turn around and grab a box of always infinity pads and hand it to him. "Thanks. I'm sorry that I ruined your Walmart trip." He apologized. "How can Walmart get any worse? You see all these weird people here, but see you tomorrow." I quickly turned around and headed for the register.

I ran home as quick as I could, so I could tell my best friend, Lily, what had just happened. I slammed open the door and ran up to my room. I grabbed my cell and plopped down on my bed.

"LILY! LILY? You won't believe what just happened!"

"What? Why are you so excited?"

"Mr.Wahlberg just asked what pads to get for his daughter at Walmart and it was really awkward."

"Everything's awkward with you Riles because you're awkward."

"Haha... Aren't you funny? But yeah I can't believe he knew my name."

"Why wouldn't he know your name? You're kind of in his class."

"I never get called on in class, so I don't know."

"Well Riley, I have to go. Talk to me tomorrow."

We both hung up and I fell asleep.