2

*The next morning*

'Ava?...Ava' I heard a soft voice saying.

My eyes started fluttering open, right in front of me there was this sweet, smiling but yet worried face of my little sister Rose. I smiled back at her taking her in my arms to close my eyes and enjoy the pleasant feeling of holding her curled up in her favourite blanket. I remembered how she pleaded to our parents and grandma to let her take it home even though it was granny's self made thing which she was so proud of. But as kindly as she was she let Rose take it with her, giggling about her younger grand-child. Six months later she died, I had only seen her once again after my parents, Rose, Fizzy and me visited her at her old house up in Scotland. I somehow knew this would be the last time I will ever see her but I tried to keep my mood up and have a nice day with her. She gave me a silver necklace including a picture of her, Rose and me when Rose was a baby and I was nearly 10. I took it home with me and stowed it somewhere where nobody except me was able to find it.

Back in presence Rose pulled back from our long hug and stared at me with her brown puppy eyes, now having a more worried look on her face.

' Why is most of your face black Ava?' I wondered, stood up controlling my body to not fall down again going over to the mirror to see most of my make up mixed with the tear stains of last night running over my cheeks.

'Are you ok? Why have you been crying?' Even though she was only 7 years old I could tell she was a smart little girl. She was the small image of my mum, just nicer and smarter.

After trying to clean my face with my sleeve I crouched down in front of her stroking her hair and said ' yes my dear, I'm fine.'

Her smile grew brighter, she gave me a kiss on the cheek and told me in excitement that Mari, who was our 'nanny' allowed her to take the leash when we're going out with Fizzy. She always wanted to do this but Fizzy was too fast most of the time.

*****************

My parents were at work of course and so it was me and Rose going out with Fizzy, meanwhile Mari was cleaning up the house, after telling my mum a thousand times that I need help with the household she gave her the job. Mari whose real name was Marisol was a maybe 27 year old woman from Spain. She was searching a job here in London to be able to feed her family. She told me once when I saw her crying in front of my mum because my monster of mother had shouted at her for calling her son and man to inquire how they were doing. I felt sorry for her but I couldn't change it never mind of my mum.

Rose ripped me out of my mind when she pulled down my arm several times saying she wants to take the leash now. ' Ok hun but be careful and call me if Fizzy gets too fast!'

My phone started to ring and so I didn't keep my eyes on Rose and Fizzy, I would regret it later. We were going down the road to the forest, yeah we were just quite living in London, away from all the traffic and busy city. I looked at the screen, Kelly was calling me. She was my only friend at school, we would finish school this year but anyway I hated being there. Most of the people were just showing each other the new things they bought and stating how rich they were and it was f*cking annoying.

'Kelly?'

'Ava, hi. Remember the festival I told you from?'

'Sure, you told me like a hundred times.. What's with it?'

'I...well my parents said I could go if I find somebody who goes with me. And you're my best friend so I thought I can ask you if you come with me?'

Her voice got lower with every word.

'Kelly, I don't know. '

'Pleaaaase, because it's me pleaase.'

'Ok I'm gonna ask my dad later, alright?'

' Yay, love you Ava see ya.'

'bye-'

She cut me off. I bet she was running and jumping around in her room now, fangirling about all the bands we were going to see.

I laughed to myself and put my phone back in my jacket when I heard a scream. It sounded like Rose and when I looked up she was nowhere to be seen.

'Rose...Rose?' I shouted. No answer.