He just fell

"Tony!" said a panicked voice in my ear. Peter's AI. Did she override Friday?

"Karen?" I said, stopping in my tracks. I'd been on my way to the lab to get ready for Peter and I to add some updates to his suit.

"Tony! You need to come get Peter right now! He's going to get himself hurt, he won't listen to me!" Karen said in a rather more panicked voice than what I would've thought possible for her. I guess I programmed her better than I thought.

"I'm coming!" I said. I ran to where I kept my suits and stepped into one. Before I knew it, I was flying through the sky.

"Karen where is he?!"

"I think he's heading for the Empire State Building!" she said. It took all of thirty seconds to get there.

And I saw him. He was swinging between buildings, but not with the energy and excitement he usually did. Something was clearly wrong. Peter suddenly swung high into the air, letting go as though he were going to do a flip. But he didn't.

He just fell.

"PETER!" I shouted, flying as fast as I could to him. Images of Rhodey plummeting towards the earth filled my mind as he fell. I can't let his fall this time, I can't watch someone else go through that kind of pain again, I can't fail to save another person.

"Friday, put everything you've got into the repulsors!"

"Already done boss!"

I can catch him, I can catch him, I can do it this time, I'm so close--