- Ch 10 -

We watch the screen as suddenly a couple run out of the room Octavia and Maya were hidden in followed by Octavia who then attacks and kills the oncoming guards. "No." Bellamy mutters as he watches worriedly. "They've got to get out of there."
"They will." I say taking Bellamy's hand. Suddenly there's a pounding on the door and we all shift to look to the door.
"He's here." I comment swivelling back in the chair to see Jasper being yanked into the harvest chamber.
"Jasper, they caught him." Monty states. I watch the screens in silence, as Maya and Octavia get surrounded by soldiers. My hand tightens around Bellamy's and I'm distracted by Clarke talking to Monty.
"What are you stopping?" She asks nervously.
"Because I did it. All we have to do... is pull this." Monty says, pointing to a lever in front of him. "Hatches and vents will open, and the scrubbers reverse, pulling in outside air." Monty says. Bellamy suddenly brings our attention to Emerson who's placing bomb outside the door.
"He's gonna blow the door." I say and Monty looks up to Clarke.
"Clarke, we're out of time." Monty says and I get up, going over to her and I hold her hand as she places her hand on the lever. I didn't agree with this, but I knew it was the only way and I stared at Maya with sad eyes at the thought of having to lose such a beautiful life. Bellamy mutters something to himself before coming over.
"I have to save them." She says to me and I nod trying not to let out a cry and I place my hand on top of hers and Bellamy places his on top of mine.
"Together." He says to us and Clarke and I nod. I lean against Bellamy as I squeeze Clarke's hand and we pull the lever together.
"I need to get to Maya." I say in realisation as I limp out of the room, Emerson having disappeared, Bellamy calling after me. I get down to level five, run into a closet and find a radiation suit and run down the hall to the mess hall. I see Jasper and Octavia crouched over.
"Jasper!" I shout hopping over the bodies as best I can to them.
"None of us is innocent." I hear her say as I crouch down. "Maya you need to get in this we have time.
"No." She whispers. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to tell you about what the tablets were sooner, I found out the day you went missing, I was coming to find you when Jasper told me you were missing." She croaks.
"That doesn't matter right now, Maya, you need to get in this, we can save you, Clarke and our mom they're doctors, they can get you better, we'll do a bone marrow extraction, you'll be able to survive.
"No, Alex, it's okay." She says looking up to Jasper. "Really it's okay." She says before taking a gasping breath before her head lolls to the side.
"No. No. No." Jasper cries. I sit back on my heels, before reaching over and closing her eyes. I shut mine too, feeling defeated, if I'd come and found her before they pulled the lever, she would be fine, if I had been a little faster, she'd be safe, alive, hugging Jasper, she'd be on the way to being cured. I lean my head against Jasper's shoulder as he cries before sighing sadly and getting up.
"I need to go make sure everyone's okay. O, can you...?" I fade off nodding to Jasper and she nods. "I'm so sorry Jasper." I whisper to him before leaving to go find my people.

I run into the room with all my people and nearly cry at the sight of Abby lying on the table, abandoned.
"Alex!" People cry out and I look around seeing the faces of people I'd been missing.
"Hey, get the keys from the guard." Kane calls over to me and I nod, tearing my eyes from my mother. I crouch down over the guard searching for the keys and groaning in pain. I get up and reach up wincing again, unlocking Kane from his hand cuffs. Kane runs over to Abby and I refrain myself from following after and continue to unlock everyone.
"Alex is right here and I'm sure Clarke is safe elsewhere." I hear Kane say to Abby.
"Clarke's in the control centre with Bellamy and Monty, they're safe." I call over reaching Wick and as I unlock him, I let out another wince as I'm embraced in a hug. "Hey Wick." I murmur, hugging him back before pulling away and continue onto Raven who looked very out of it. "Hey Raven." I say smiling to her, trying to lighten the mood. "You look pretty shit."  Smile knowing she won't want sympathy.
"Really? Trust me I feel worse than I look. Is that a gunshot wound?" Raven croaks out "I recon I feel better than you though, you're not looking great" and my smile falters and goes straight.
"Yeah, I know." I say as Wick supports her as I unlock her cuffs, moving onto the next.

As I was unlocking the last person I hear the doors open and I see Clarke run in and go straight to Abby who was now sitting up. She pulls back and spots me and gestures to me to come over. I walk over slowly holding my side as I walk towards my mother. I stand next to Clarke and look to Abby who places her hand gently on my cheek before smiling and pulling me into her gently, embracing me, and I hug her back as tightly as I could. I have a mother, I have my sister, I have my friends and I have Bellamy, despite the amount of loss I'd faced in the past few weeks, I felt like it was going to be okay.

I walk over to Bellamy letting Clarke talk to Abby alone. He opens his arms and I walk into them, burying my face in his chest. I breathe him in, finally feeling like we were safe. "I love you." I say to him muffled. He kisses the top of my head before leaning his chin on it.
"I love you too." He says and I sniff, my eyes watering.
"I'm sorry." I say and he lets out a shaky times.
"Lex, nothing that happened here was your fault, you have to stop blaming yourself." He says.
"I don't know if I'll ever be able to do that." I reply honestly, getting interrupted by a throat clearing behind us.
"Bellamy." He says and I pull away, moving out to stand beside Bellamy. "You did good. You too, Alex. I haven't stopped hearing about how amazing you were here, looking after everyone. You especially, Alex, I could see the relief in peoples' faces when you walked in, you mean a lot to them." Kane says to Bellamy and I clapping Bellamy's shoulder and smiling to me, I nod in thanks. "Now let's get these people home." Kane adds.
"Yes, sir." Bellamy says and Kane starts to walk away before Octavia runs over looking worried.
"Where's Cage?"

I nearly burst into tears at the sight of seeing Camp Jaha, it finally sunk in that we were safe, for now at least, that we could get past what happened at the Mountain, move forward. I was walking in front with Bellamy, he had carried me most of the way here, my body too weak to walk for too long. Despite being in pretty bad shape herself, Abby had been very concerned at the state of my body, and nearly made me go on a stretcher but I didn't want to be away from Bellamy and Bellamy was happier carrying me as well. When we arrived Bellamy placed me down gently on my request and we stand at the gates, watching people pass us. This was a new beginning. Once everyone was through the only two people left were Clarke and Monty who hugged each other tightly before Monty walks in, squeezing my hand as he passes me. Bellamy and I walk over to Clarke, watching the people greet and tend to people as they enter camp.
"I think we deserve a drink." Bellamy says as I lean against his arm watching them all with tired eyes.
"Have one for me." Clarke says. Bellamy and I turn to look at her, taken by her comment.
"Hey. We'll get through this." Bellamy assures her.
"I'm not going in." Clarke insists, I stay silent, watching her, I understood, that didn't mean I didn't detest the thought of her leaving, but I knew why she couldn't come in.
"Look. If you need forgiveness, I'll give that to you. You're forgiven." Bellamy says.
"Please come inside." I say sadly, pleading with her.
"Look after them." She says.
"Clarke." I try to say but she cuts me off.
"Seeing their faces every day is just gonna remind me of what I did to get them here." Clarke says.
"What we did. You don't have to do this alone." Bellamy says to her and I frown, knowing nothing was going to change her mind. She looks past us into camp.
"I bear it so they don't have to." She says.
"Clarke, I need you, I need my sister." I say to her and she looks to the ground.
"I'm sorry, I will be back I promise, I just can't look at them without feeling guilty." She says glancing back to camp.
"Where you gonna go?" Bellamy questions.
"I don't know." She says and I step towards her, pulling her into a hug. "You're going to be okay." She promises and I nod, despite the fact I find that unbelievable. She steps away and I purse my lips.
"Just don't die, okay?" I ask her, with a sob.
"I won't." She promises before looking to Bellamy, kissing his cheek and hugging him. "Look after her, she's going to need you." I hear Clarke say to Bellamy, knowing I wasn't supposed to hear that. She pulls back and looks to the two of us. "May we meet again." Clarke says before walking away just like that.
"May we meet again." Bellamy says not looking to her as I watch her leave.
"Hey sis!" I shout to her, she looks back. "I better bloody meet you again, or I'll kill you." I say and she smiles and nods, before turning back. I stand watching her walk away, breathing deeply, trying to hold in my tears.