Chapter 1: A Normal Day

Today was just another normal day for me standing outside at 7:30 am for the bus. I pulled out my phone and started playing my music, trying to drown out the world. Then, I felt two people touch my shoulder as I took out my earbuds, I looked up to see my two best friends, Ruby and Sapphire.

"Hey, Jeffery, are you doing alright? You look dead tired." Sapphire asked worriedly. "Yeah, I'm doing okay. I just couldn't sleep last night, that's all..." I answered. Ruby looked at me. "Are you sure? Are you still having those night terrors?" I looked down, "Yes, I'm okay. I took my medication to help wake me up." As I paused and sighed,"But, yes, I'm still having those night terrors, but don't worry, okay, guys?" I said as I checked the time."Ughh.. Where is the bus -" As I was about to say something, the bus rolled up. "speak of the devil," Sapphire said jokingly as I chuckled. We got on the bus. I sat in the front, Sapphire sat next to me, and Ruby sat behind us. Then the bus started to drive to the school as I started to fall asleep slowly.

(Time skip)

Jeffery was passed out on the bus as it got to the school. Sapphire tried to wake Jeffery up by shaking him. "Hey, Jeffery, we're at school. it's time to wake up." Sapphire said softly. Jeffery stirred a little but didn't wake up. Sapphire then kept shaking him, but to no avail, he didn't wake up. Ruby slapped Jeffery extremely hard, "Bitch, wake the fuck up!!". Sapphire pushed Ruby, "Bro, what the fuck, he doesn't need that.", Sapphire said to Ruby, trying to protect Jeffery.

(Jeffery's Pov)

"Hey Sapphire it's fine let's get off the bus" I said as I stand up and get off the bus. Ruby looked at me and said "Hey, sorry for slapping your face that hard.." I just shrugged "don't worry about it you only did it to wake me up.".

Then, the three of us ran into Gold, Silver, and Sterling. "Hey guys, we're here." I said as I rubbed my cheek still looking dead tired. "Damn, you look like you got hit by a truck 20 times over." Gold said to me while trying not to laugh. "That's rude Gold. I'd say he looks perfectly fine. Just worn out." Silver scolded Gold with a look that basically said, 'If you make this fucking sexual in any way, I will kill you.' Gold gave her a cheeky smile in return. "Would you mean, worn out from masturbating too much last night-"

There was a loud cracking sound in the room as Gold got backhanded by Silver. "Seriously Gold? You don't need to go there." Silver rolled her eyes as Gold had the look of, 'What the actual fuck was that?' written all over her face. Her cheek was turning a bright red now from the slap. "Damn Gold, that's gonna bruise up good by the time this day is over." Sterling chuckled under her breath. "Shut it! At least I did not wake your mom up from moaning in your sleep." Gold growled out angrily at Sterling. "Really? Why'd you have to bring that up?" Sterling's face went beet red and she looked down in embarrassment.

"Cause I'm mad. It was funny to hear that though. Especially from a shy, quiet girl like you." Sterling was bright red now. "Well, I'm sorry I had a good dream. Don't need to tell everyone though Gold." Gold smirked at her and at me. "That's what I'm here for, Honey." Sterling lightly hit her on the shoulder. "Don't call me that! It's weird! And it sounds like your lesbian for me or something." Gold laughed more and wiggled her eyebrows at her. "And what if I am? Would it be that surprising?"

Sterling groaned and hid her face. "No, but... Ugh! You know me Gold." Gold smiled more and looked straight at me. "God knows she likes someone here." Sterling looked at Gold, almost mortified. "Gold!!" Gold gave an evil laugh. "Oh chill, I didn't exactly say who now did I?" Sterling was so bright red that she just turned and walked away to hide from everyone, her normally pale skin now flushed from embarrassment, and her eyes a light shade of green.

"Wow Gold. See what you did? Now you got her all insecure as usual. Anyway, I'm gonna go read in the library! See y'all later!" Silver took off after that, flashing Gold with an icy stare with her blue eyes. "Well, I guess I better go to gym class now. I'd imagine Sterling won't show up after me killing her like that. Probably hiding under the bleachers again like last time. Soccer here I come, Baby!" Gold then took off in a light jog with her long auburn hair flowing behind her.

I blushed beet red from hearing that, I walked over to her and tapped her shoulder "H-Hey Sterling." I said nervously. "H-Hm oh h-hey Jeffery. What is it?" Sterling stuttered a little while hiding her face. "I was wondering if I walked you to your class? I-If you don't mind.." I blushed and looked away. Sterling smiled and blushed a little "N-No I don't mind at all". I smiled and walked her to her class and when we got there I didn't realize that we were holding hands we both started blushing blood red "S-Sorry. I-I didn't mean." I stuttered. Sterling giggled and kissed my cheek "See you later cutie~" she said and winked at me. "S-See ya." I blushed darkly, then she walked into her class "I can't believe I did that." She said to herself blushing like crazy. I stood there smiling like an idiot as the bell rings I was running like crazy so I wasn't late to class and I was smiling the whole way.

Ruby jogged after Gold because he the same class as her "Hey wait for me.". "Hm? Oh hey, Ruby. What's up?" Gold asked Ruby. he hugged Gold from behind and it made her blush and yelp "H-Huh what's wrong R-Ruby?". "Are you okay Gold?" Ruby looked at her "Huh?! Yeah, I'm okay.." Gold looked down. Ruby lifted her head "You can tell me Gold." Ruby blushed as he held her really close to his chest. Gold stood there speechless as she hugged Ruby softly smiling "I'm okay I mean it since I feel safe in your arms". As they share a tender embrace the bell snapped them out of their thoughts. As they started to walk over to the gym.