𝖔. Shadows of Mirkwood

P r o l o g u e . . .

Amidst the ancient trees of Mirkwood, Myríel, the radiant elven princess, moved with a grace that seemed to defy the very laws of nature

Amidst the ancient trees of Mirkwood, Myríel, the radiant elven princess, moved with a grace that seemed to defy the very laws of nature. Her flowing gown shimmered like moonlit water, draping elegantly over her slender form. Long, golden locks cascaded down her back like spun silk, catching the faint glimmer of starlight that filtered through the dense canopy above.

Her ethereal beauty was a testament to her lineage, for she was the daughter of Thranduil, the revered king of the elves. Yet it was not merely her royal blood that set her apart, but the strength and wisdom that shone in her clear, azure eyes—the eyes of a warrior born.

As she patrolled the shadowed depths of the forest, her steps were as silent as the whisper of the wind through the leaves, her movements a dance of fluid grace and precision. Though she bore the weight of her station with regal dignity, there was a fire within her—a fierce determination that burned bright beneath her serene exterior. For while she was a princess, she was also a noble, fearsome captain in her father's guard - on the hunt for orcs in their territory.

The ancient woods of Mirkwood whispered secrets as Myríel, elegant and resolute, patrolled its hidden depths. Her movements were fluid, a dance choreographed by the moonlight. At her side walked her betrothed, Eridor, his solemn presence a stark contrast to her own ethereal grace. They were hailed as two of the finest elven warriors in all of Middle-earth, yet the bond between them faltered beneath the weight of duty and unspoken discontent.

As they traversed the winding paths, Myríel's thoughts drifted to the impending union her father had arranged between them —a marriage born of politics and tradition rather than love. She was certain that Eridor had no love for her - he merely coveted her family's gold and status of nobility - and she certainly bore no love for him. She cast a sidelong glance at her betrothed, his stern features softened by the moon's gentle glow, yet devoid of the warmth she yearned for. Their whispered arguments echoed amidst the ancient trees, the air heavy with the weight of unspoken truths.

Suddenly, a distant clamour shattered the fragile peace of the forest, cutting through the night like a blade through silk. Myríel's keen ears caught the urgency in the voices, and without hesitation, she broke into a swift stride, leaving Eridor trailing behind. The underbrush seemed to part before her, a path unfurling beneath her swift footsteps as she raced towards the source of the commotion.

Through the tangled foliage, she emerged into a clearing bathed in moonlight, where chaos reigned amidst the serene beauty of the forest. Giant black spiders, their eyes gleaming with malevolence, were descending upon a group of dwarves and a hobbit, their monstrous forms casting long shadows in the moonlight. One dwarf, a figure of rugged determination, was stood at the forefront of the battle, his sword a gleaming beacon of defiance amidst the encroaching darkness. He was tall and broad-shouldered, with a mane of dark hair that framed a face weathered by years of hardship and strife. His eyes blazed with a fierce intensity as he fought against the relentless tide of spiders, his sword flashing like lightning in the moonlight.