xxv.

𝐱𝐱𝐯. 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮

‒☀♡☁✰

IN REAL LIFE

today was december seventh. today was the day that celia was dreading. today was the day that made celia's stomach church. december seventh was the day that her mother and peter would be getting married.

there she stood, self consciously looking at herself an abundance of times in the mirror. the light blue dress fell just below her knees, and her hair was pinned back, exactly how her mother had requested. she had to put on a fake smile and look everyone at that wedding in the eyes, holding back tears and cries of anger.

she hated the fact that her mother went through these changes just for this man in a record time of six months. sure, she had dated many guys before and changed little things about her, such as applying on more makeup or painting her nails a different color each week, but not this. not pretending to be religious and change her lifestyle completely.

celia hated the fact that this man took her mother away from her. that childish jealousy still lingered inside her and it reminded her of all of the times that she would lash out at her mother for spending time with her boyfriend instead of her daughter. it's not like celia's mother ignored celia, god no. she loved her daughter, but sometimes celia wondered if her mother loved the idea of being with someone, no matter who they were and how they were as a person, more than she loved celia.

tears pricked celia's eyes, and she blinked them away before they could actually fall and stain her cheeks. someone spent forty-five minutes doing celia's makeup, and she would feel very guilty and ashamed if her tears had ruined the hard work that person put in.

celia had five minutes before she had to walk down that aisle with the other bridesmaids and watch her mother and that man get married. she would have to hold back her tears until she got back to the hotel, where she would be able to let it all out in private. she hoped that jack wouldn't come to the hotel, or she was done for. she couldn't let him see her cry, no way in hell.

three minutes. 'shit' she thought, letting out a shaky breath. the other bridesmaids stood around talking to each other. most of them were around her mother's age, which was forty five, and all they seemed to talk about was the sale on a certain brand of wine that was being sold at trader joe's.

celia wished that jack wasn't sitting in the third row, watching skating videos on his phone while waiting for celia to walk down the aisle with the other bridesmaids, but instead was with her, holding her close, wrapping his arms around her.

one minute. the four other bridesmaids got into a line formation, and celia was allowed to cut in front of the woman, mainly because she was the bride's daughter. the word bride alone made celia feel sick to her stomach.

the five minutes were up, and celia now had to walk down the aisle, which made the anxiety that racked her whole body increase. she pushed the doors open, took a deep breath, and took her time to walk down that god damned aisle. it took about a minute and a half for the bridesmaids to get into their spots, and the whole minute and a half celia felt as if she was about to vomit.