0%

London is so pretty follower her on insta
++

I take off my employee apron and place it in the basket designated for washing. Straightening out my tshirt, i throw my jacket on around me and mumble a "good night" to my coworkers as I leave the back room of the ice cream shop.

Before leaving the shop completely, I test my pepper spray out on a spare napkin I have in my purse to make sure it's working properly. I take no chances of walking alone in the streets of New York at night time.
A cold gust of wind whips my black hair around my face and I harshly, but neatly tug it behind my ear as I pick up the pace to the nearest subway. I'm careful not to walk too fast or too slow in fear of slipping on the sleek stairs, or being mugged in these short seconds.

Once I reach the bottom of the stairs and make my way through the gates, I let out a shaky breath as the cold starts catching up with me. I lean against a wall as people from all different walks of life crowd the area.
I rub my hands together as I quietly curse under my breath for forgetting my gloves at home during times like this. Just as I was about to blow on my hands to warm up, I notice something a couple feet away.

Or someone I should say.

He gives me a warm smile instead of turning away when we lock eyes. I return the gesture to be polite before redirecting my eyes to the ground.
I feel the presence of someone beside me and flinch a little when I see the same guy from before. His height causes me to glance up at him while his gaze causes a slight blush to creep on my brown skin.
He holds something out so I'm forced to move my eyes down and almost awe at the sight.

Gloves.

"Take them."

Oh god, his voice. It's low and deep with a thick English accent.
My face becomes quizzical at his actions. Imagine a stranger walks up to you and offers you their gloves, what would you do? I don't believe there's people that kind in this world.
"I'm fine, but thank you." I kindly wave him off but he remains still with his hands still out.
He lightly chuckles before nudging them towards me.

"No I'm serious, I have plenty more at home and I'm not even using these. Someone as pretty as you shouldn't have cold hands."

I roll my eyes at his cheesy statement and my smile grows wider at his charm.
If he wasn't so attractive I might've found this creepy and annoying.

I cautiously take the gloves from his hand and slip them on mine. They're a lot bigger than I expected but I'm thankful regardless.

"Thank you so much, sir."

Out of habit I slap on sir at the end. It may seem weird since we both appear to be around the same age and he doesn't seem the authoritative type.
He deeply exhales at the word which allows me to feel his cold breath on my face.

"Harry."

He holds his large hand out for me to shake. I contemplate if I should shake his hand or grip my pepper spray even tighter. My eyes stare at his ring clad fingers for a few seconds.
Before I know it, my hand is taking his.

"London."

I realize we're still holding hands when he gives mine a gentle squeeze. I slowly pull my hand back and snap back to reality once the subway has arrived.
"Well, it was nice to meet you Harry. Thanks again." I begin to walk and I'm swept away with the crowd as different people fill the space completely.
I tightly clutch my purse as I board and I'm slightly annoyed I didn't get a seat. I'm squished against strangers as I wrap my arm around a pole and become very uncomfortable, very quickly.
I look in the direction I came from for no particular reason and am surprised when I'm slightly disappointed that someone isn't there anymore. The doors shut and my ride home begins.
A light tap on my shoulder grabs my attention and I quickly turn around.

"Hello again."

A small smile makes its way onto my face when I see its Harry sitting down.

"How did you get that seat? I boarded before you."
"You have to be a little rough sometimes."

I nod as a response, not trusting my voice at the moment.
Harry cautiously grabs by bicep and pulls me closer to him. My eyebrows furrow at the action before realizing he's trying to trade places with me. It's a tight space so his scent is unavoidable when I slide past him.
Vanilla and bourbon.
The two mixes well with each other and leaves me in a slight daze. I sit down with a tired sigh and cross my legs, my foot accidentally rubbing against Harry's leg.
I glance up at Harry to see he's already looking down at me.

"Thank you, Harry."

"No problem, London."

++

oop hope this wasn't too long.
this is my attempt at introducing the main characters and trying to get the hang of writing again.
don't forget to vote/comment/add reading lists :)

m. xx