I

trixie had spend a long time looking herself in the mirror, still not being sure about the fitting of the pink neon bikini on her body. who on hell had the idea to throw a pool party two weeks before starting school? it's not even that hot now. as soon as her cellphone vibrated showing the notification she expected, she ran to put on a short yellow dress and grab all the things she needed. when the front door was closed, relief spread all over her body. she absolutly hate the silence in the house.

— can u be a little bit more late? —grumpy bob showed up (she invented that nickname because roberta hated her full name, they didn't blame her) she was the designated driver that night, and the make up she was using was amazing: the yellow eyeshadow made her brown skin look beautiful.

— let her. she had to fix herself up so her ex realizes the babe he lost —courtney said on the back seat while trixie proceeded to sit on the copilot seat. the soft pink on her dress and the little braids on her blond hair made her look like a disney princess. she kind of was.

just a couple of weeks ago trixie's boyfriend broke up with her, but she didn't quite understood why. he said some things like "i don't have time for you, you deserve a good man..." and even the cliché of the clichés: "it's not you, it's me". it was all bullshit, everyone knew he was cheating on trixie with a beautiful tall girl named violet. but she wasn't at all heartbroken as all her friends thought she'll be, and being honest with herself she didn't like to kiss him, they didn't have anything on common and sex was not nice at all. on the other hand, her insecurities brought up a lot of things, such as what does she have that i don't (tall, black hair, small waist, flat stomach). well, if we're thinking like this, it will be imposible to gain confidence on herself.

at the moment the three girls went in the house and crossed that front door, they lost sight on eachother. bob went to the kitchen to look something to drink, courtney found her boyfriend and desapear into a random room and trixie was quickly dragged next to the pool by shangela. she wasn't exactly her best friend, but she liked to go out with her.

everything around the pool was beautiful, the trees, the flowers, the fairylights... it wasn't too crowded and the music sounded a little bit off, but the people there were surely having a great time. both girls started talking sitting on the deck chairs next to the pool when shangela had the amazing idea of dive into the water, c'mon girl it will be fun.

— so girl, we'll drink a little something and then we'll have our pool party fantasy, okay? —shangela declared and went inside the house. the blondie didn't had time to stop her, so she had to face the fact that her friend wouldn't take a no for an answear.

trixie started scrolling on her phone attempting to ignore violet and her ex getting all cuddly... and the way that animal print bikini fitted perfectly on her model shape too. she didn't wanted to look but there she was, getting all obvious and comparing herself with the most beautiful girl in school. her thoughts were on mars at the moment a beach ball fell right next to her, so she picked it up and look for someone to give it back.

— hey! can u handle me that? —that someone said. at first she didn't recognized it but she could notice a accent on it.

and of course she didn't recognized it, she hadn't heard that voice at least one year ago. katya zamolodchikova shared with her biology, math and physics since they were 14 till 16 (when she had to move to russia). while she was gone, violet and pearl (her best friends) made sure everyone remembered her "she can dance so well", "she cheated on her boyfriend", "she was so high...", "she cheated on her boyfriend with a girl", "she's a lesbian now"...

"she's a lesbian now"?

trixie heard that rumor on chemestry class. first, she was sure people didn't make themself gay on a certain moment of their lifes: if she is a lesbian now, she must've been a lesbian always. second of all, she couldn't help herself to imagine katya talking to another girl, laughing, kissing, cuddling. it was weird, but not on a bad way... maybe just new. trix didn't knew so many not straight people at that time.

— what? —she asked.

—katya zamo-lo... that girl. the russian girl. —the boy who told her the rumor repeated.

she pictured katya two years ago, with her athletic body (for all the gymnastics and cheerleading), beautiful cheekbones and that carismatic air around her (she was the nicest of the bitch trio: violet, pearl and katya). her hair normally had braids on it, she used girly clothes and no make up. now, trixie almost didn't recognize her with her short blond hair and a fringe, red lips and a red bikini showed all of her tattoos.

so, at the moment trixie knew that it was katya, she went silent. her mind flew around that imagination she had with her and another girl kissing and cuddling. her body reacted before her mind, handling that ball to the russian girl.

— all yours —trixie mumbled.

— i'm katya —she introduced herself, maybe thinking trixie forgot about her.— i remember you, i can't quite recall your name —she added, with a little smile on those red lips— what was it?

-trixie mattel.