Bubotubers and crushes: Chapter 5.2

I want to dedicate this to my wonderful editor and friend @Obiismyhusband without her my output of chapters would take a lot longer.

The walk down to the greenhouse was fairly quiet, but it was less tense than it was before. When they finally arrived, Blaise led the way over to his bubotuber.

"So, the leaves are starting to turn brown and fall off. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression they should be green and attached to the plant," Blaise said, putting his hand on hips and tilting them to the side, all the while glowering down at the plant. Neville had to tear his eyes away.

"Well, yes, you're correct." Neville started running the leaves through his fingers, if only to distract himself from the way Blaise was standing next to him. After a few moments Neville finally spoke up, "How often have you been watering it?"

"Watering it?" Blaise asked. Neville looked at him incredulously.

"You have been watering it, right?"

"Professor Sprout said not to water it!"

"She said not to pour the water directly onto the plant, not to just not water it," Neville said, finally glancing over at Blaise only to laugh at the annoyed face Blaise was making. "I think I'm starting to notice a trend here," Neville smirked at Blaise who was continuously looking more annoyed with each word, "you just don't listen."

"Oh come on, why would I listen if there are much more interesting things to pay attention to."

"Like teasing Malfoy?" Neville said with a knowing smile at Blaise who suddenly looked slightly worried. "Don't worry, I won't say anything, but you guys really aren't the most quiet."

"Well I guess the secret's out then," Blaise said with a dramatic sigh.

"It's really fine, I won't tell Harry. And anyway, Malfoy might have a chance now that I'm thinking about it," Neville said thoughtfully as he walked to get the watering can.

"What do you mean?" Blaise said, finally perking up and following the other boy

"Well, the only thing that Harry has been continuously obsessed with since first year has been Malfoy. And judging by what I've heard from you all, Malfoy seems to be in the same boat. I mean," Neville walked back over to the pot, blaise trailing behind him, and started watering the bubotuber, "Harry spent the whole of sixth year following Malfoy around school."

"I suppose you're right," Blaise said, watching as Neville continued to water the plant.

"I think Harry likes Malfoy, even if he hasn't actually admitted it to himself yet," Neville sat the watering can down, "Anyway, that should help your plant. Make sure to water it at least once a week, and it should be fine, I don't think you've really done anything else wrong."

"Thanks for your help," Blaise laughed, suddenly growing nervous as he realized he didn't exactly know what to say next.

"Well, I better go then. I have some homework to finish still," Neville said, and Blaise couldn't help feeling a little disappointed.

"Alright, I won't keep you, thanks again for your help."

Neville smiled back as he headed out the door.

A/N: I just want to say sorry for the recently short chapters but keeping them short helps me keep updates more regular. Thanks for your patience, I love you guys!

Also, the image is not mine, it's from the Harry Potter set