what?

POV Marina

I'm running up to my friend, he's pretty fast. "Stop and come here NOW!", I yelled. Luis turned around for a second and kept walking away. I screamed at him while catching up, then I held him by the shoulder and pulled back. "You know it's your and not my fault!", I reminded him. His eyes got smaller and he tried to run off.

We went clubbing on the last weekend, when I got lost and I caught him in another room with a drunk girl kissing. He's still my best friend, but I considered the fact, that he was sober. I decided to tell his girlfriend of two and a half years. She's pretty mad at both of us and thinks it's my fault too. After the break up Luis stopped talking to me. His looks could murder me from time to time.

I could use my last leap to stop him from cheating, however what would happen? I have considered using it for many thing, but I think my ability will be gone forever. What if I needed it for something more important? For example an accident like a car crash, I wouldn't be able to save people anymore. Even though I haven't needed any of my leaps for a similar situation like an accident yet. Next question pops into my mind: What is a better use for my last leap than helping my friend with his ex? That's dumb. I'm leaving my last one for something more important.

A few days pass and Luis is still not talking to me. We have been friends since Kindergarden and I can't tell why he's like that to me. I realized many people are looking at me in the halls. Their looks are kind of stabbing me. Is a rumor going around? Just kidding.

Time flew by and things had happened weeks ago. Someone started a rumor about me being the girl Luis cheated on his ex with. Some girls started picking on me, they are friends of Luis Ex. It's getting worse everyday.

Months had gone by and I decided to use my last leap. Everything changed, people are bullying Luis and me. I felt bad for us and I want things to be as they were earlier this year.

I went up a short hill to run from the top and jump, that I could use my last leap. I got very nervous as I didn't know what would happen. I started running and with every step further I felt a stabbing pain on my ribs and my chest. I continued, I didn't stop. Then I jumped and a heavy pain knocked me out.

I thought I fainted, however I woke up in different feeling world. It's like my world, but I think it has a cold icy touch. My leap worked anyway and it's the day before Luis cheated. I won't ask him to go clubbing today and everything will be fine. I went to class and wanted to sit next to Luis when I couldn't, something was blocking me. What is going on?

Suddenly I felt a cold touch on my shoulder, when I had an extreme flashback. I felt the stabbing pain again. My whole life was running before my inner eye like a movie, when it stopped and I realized, I disappeared in all of my memories. I'm dead, my last leap erased me from planet earth and everybody's minds. I died, because I wanted to have my best friend back, even though he didn't care. I looked down to my right ribs, where my number said 00 and a message underneath saying: "Time waits for no one"