The cold

(Forgot to say that you're Raps' sister. It comes into play later on. Oh, and this chapter's gonna be shorter)

Y/N POV

I finish getting ready for my date with Varian today when I get a text. I open my phone to see what it is.

Baby boy 💙: Hey, Y/N. I feel really bad but I need to cancel our date. I don't feel well and think I have a cold. I don't want to get you sick.

I finish reading the text and feel down because we can't have our date but I understand that he needs to get better. "You know what? I'm gonna go over and help make him feel better." I think to myself, grab some stuff to put in a bag which consists of a book to read to him, one of my blankets so he doesn't get cold, some Advil cold and flu, and some ingredients to make him some homemade chicken noodle soup.

I head over to his house in Old Corona and knock on the door. "Hello, Y/N. I'm afraid Varian's sick and won't be able to go on your date." Quirin tells me what I already know. "I know. He told me. I'm here to try and help make him feel better. Is that ok?" "Of course it is. Come inside." He steps back from the doorway so I can go inside.

"I must say, you're a lot like my late wife. You're such a very kind and caring young woman. He's just in his room." Quirin tells me. I smile at him then go upstairs. I knock on his door softly. "Come in." Varian groans out. He sounds very nasally. I walk in his room and see him lying in his bed. He quickly pulls up the covers to cover his mouth. "What are you doing here? I'm sick. And if you get sick, then it's on me." Varian's voice is muffled from the comforter.

"No, it's on me because I'm stupidly in love with you and came here to make you feel better. Have you taken any medicine today?" I ask him. "No. Go away. I'll be fine." Varian says to me. I nod and head downstairs to grab him a glass of water for the Advil. I head back upstairs.

"I knew you wouldn't leave that quickly." Varian's mouth and nose are still covered. I take out the pill bottle and grab him one. "Alright, Var. Here's an Advil and here's some water." I hand him the two things. He gives and sits up. "That's a good Varian." I coo and brush his messy hair out of his place.

"Mm... stop..." He mumbles sleepily. "Why? You love it when I play with your hair." I ask him. "Because I'll fall asleep." He explains and then coughs. "Sorry. God, I'm disgusting today." He complains.

"Well, I brought ingredients to make you chicken noodle soup so I'll go do that but first," I go to my bag and pull out the blanket. "A blanket so you don't get cold. And," I go back to my bag after placing the blanket on him. I grab out the book and give it to him. "A book. It's the one you've been asking to borrow." He smiles at me then I kiss his cheek and leave to make him his lunch.

"I'm borrowing the kitchen Quirin. I can make extra for you if you want some?" I offer to Quirin as I put my hair up. "What is it?" He asks me as I grab a pot. "Chicken noodle soup. There's obviously chicken and noodles but there's also diced carrots, celery, onion, salt and pepper." I tell him what's in the soup. He hums at the sound of what I'm making. "Sounds good. I'd like some please but feed Varian first." Quirin requests. "Alright." I comply with the request before getting to work.

~Time skip~

The soup's now ready and I pour it into a bowl. I grab the wooden tray that they use for when they have many guests and need a place to put their snacks on and put the bowl on there. "There's some left in the pot, Quirin." I tell the man on the couch. I head upstairs and bring the food to my boyfriend. "Here you go, Var. How's the book?" I ask him as I give him the tray once said book is marked and down.

"Kinda slow right now but that's because I'm only on the fifth chapter." Varian tells me his thoughts. "I hope you like the soup." "I hope I can taste the soup. If I can't, you'll just need to make it for me again, ok?" Varian says to me before taking a spoonful of soup.

"Luckily, I can taste a bit. It's really good, sweetheart. Thank you." He thanks me and continues to eat. "You're welcome. Hey, next date that we have I'm making you dinner. I'll kick my family out. Raps can hang out with Cass or Eugene and my parents can go grab dinner." I tell him. He finishes his lunch a little while later.

He yawns as he hands me the tray. I head downstairs to put it in the sink before going back upstairs. I see Varian look from the book to me; as if he's contemplating something. "Um... sun drop?" He calls out quietly.

"Yeah?" Varian starts to blush and look awkward, kind of like when he asked me to dance for the first time but less stuttery. "Can you, um... uh... heh... wow, why am I so awkward asking you for this simple thing?" He questions himself. "You want me to read to you, right?" I assume. He looks at me a bit surprised but nods.

"How did you know?" He asks me. "Because when I came back in you kept looking between the book and me then you asked me a question. Scooch over so I can sit." He does as he's told and moves over. I grab the book with both of my hands but then I feel my left one, the one that's closest to Varian get removed from the book and a face get laid on my chest.

"Nnnn, stop being so cute goddamn it!" I order him mentally. He may seem like he hates being taken care of when he's sick and he may not want to admit it but, he really loves the attention. Plus he gets super cuddly and awkward and cute. I start to run my fingers through his hair as I read.

I finish two chapters before looking down at him and see that he's asleep. I kiss the top of his head and put the book down. I would try to escape but this has happened before and his subconscious griped me tightly when I try to leave. Plus he's sick so I don't want to leave him. I take out my phone and lower the light all the way down so it doesn't wake him.

Me: Hi, mum. Just wanted to let you know that I think I'm staying the night here. Varian has an iron grip on me plus he's asleep so I don't want to wake him.

Mum: Ok, sweetie. We'll see you tomorrow.

I put my phone down and close my eyes to join him in his sleep.