Chapter 1: The Bridge Builder

Rose

        I jumped out of the way as Naruto tried to take the cat away from me. "Naruto!" I shouted as I avoided a claw to the face. I smacked him on the head after I calmed Tora down, we were walking to the office and the cat was sleeping peacefully in my arms, that is until Naruto decided to try and take her from me. Idiot.

        As soon as we got to the office the scary owner grabbed the cat. "Oh my Tora chan, I was so worried!" She said squishing the poor thing to death. I cringed, no wonder the cat ran away. 

        The Hokage nodded at us and looked at a paper. "Hmmm, alright team sevens next mission is either babysitting, helping someone shop or digging up potatoes." He said. I sweatdropped, shopping? Potatoes? Really?

        "NO NO NO! No thank you! I want a better mission than that!" Naruto said loudly. I groaned and hit him upside the head. "Ow... What was that for?" He whimpered.

        I sighed. "There is a better way to ask for a different mission than whining you know," I said simply rolling my eyes. Even though I agreed, though the babysitting didn't sound too bad...

        Then Iruka yelled at Naruto. "You idiot! Everybody starts out like this! You're just a rookie!" He said to Naruto. Dad hit Naruto's head before he could talk back. The Hokage then started to explain missions and ranks, and why we have these kinds of missions.

        To be honest, I was the only one paying attention. Well actually, not really. I was thinking about the girls night Luna, Lily, and I have planned for later. "Hey Listen! The Hokage shouted at us. I jumped and clutched at my heart. Geez, he's loud when he wants to be...

        "All you do is give lectures. Well, you know what? I'm not the troublemaking brat you still think I am," Naruto said.

        The Hokage smiled at us. Uh-oh, why is he smiling? Smiling is usually bad... "Ok, if you want it that much I'll give you a C rank mission. Your mission is to escort someone." He said.

        "Who? Who! An important person? A princess?" Naruto asked.         

       "Calm down, bring him in," The Hokage said. 

        The door opened and out stepped a drunk? "What's this? They're all a bunch of bratty kids. Especially the shortest one with a stupid look on his face. Are you really ninja's?" He asked. Well, that's not very nice...

        "Haha! Who's the one..." Naruto said looking at us, then he burst out laughing. "Ha Rose, he's talking about you!" Naruto said pointing at me.

        I sighed. "Idiot. He said 'his face' not 'her face'." Sasuke said.

       I groaned I was just gonna let Naruto believe he was talking about me. But now, he's going to attack the client. I was right because the next moment Naruto tried to attack him. I sighed, this isn't going to be fun. "I am the bridge builder Tazuna, and I expect you to protect me and get me home safely." He said looking at us.

        After that unfortunate experience, I headed home to pack. I saw Luna there making lunch for us. "Hi, Luna," I said smiling as I hugged her.

        "Hello, Rosee! You ready for our girls day?" She asked.

        I cringed. "I have a mission..." I said looking down.

         Luna sighed. "Well, I guess we'll just have to try another time." She said.

        Then Kagami ran in. "Rosee!" He shouted as he jumped into my arms.