A Failed Attempt

They didn't unpack anything, they didn't plan on staying longer than need be, meaning they were planning on leaving tonight. The girls made their way to Jay and Carlos' dorm. Carlos was playing a.... Well, something, and Jay was stealing like he normally did. It was basically his default setting. Hadie walked in a moment later, a slight skip in his step that he would desperately try to hide. "Jay what are you doing?" Holly asked, pulling off her jacket and throwing it on a nearby chair. Auradon was hot.

"It's called stealing," He answered her with an eye roll.

Mal continued with Holly's train of thought, "Okay what's the point?"

"Well, Mal, Holly, it's like buying whatever I want, except It's free," he said, opening a laptop that Holly was willing to bet Cerberus on that he didn't know how to use.

Both girls nodded, Hadie walked over grabbing a wallet from the pile examining it, "Okay you could do that, or you could leave all of this stuff here and pick it up when we take over the world," Hadie just wanted to get his father off the isle, but Jay needed to not get caught.

Evie laughed, "You all sound just like your parents," She already knew about the three's parentage but did her best not to tell anyone.

"Thank you," They smiled at Evie.

"You guys do it your way and I'll do it mine," Jay said.

Carlos jumped up, "Die, suckers!" He jumped off the little podium thing, "Jay, come check this thing out. Man, it's awesome," he handed the sensors or controls, they weren't all too sure, to Jay.

Holly looked at Mal and both had the same exasperated face, "Guys! Do I have to remind you what we're all here for?" Mal yelled.

She wasn't as commanding as Holly so naturally she got a joke answer from Jay, "Fairy Godmother, blah, blah, blah. Magic wand, blah, blah, blah," Three older kids laughed.

Holly was glaring her hair starting to glow blue, "This is our one chance to prove ourselves to our parents. To prove that we are evil and vicious and ruthless and cruel." She snapped, grabbing the chair she threw her jacket on and sitting on it backwards in a very un-lady like manner. "To prove that we are more than their failed magical experiments." She looked at her brother and sister and Jay, all four having been created through their parents' magic more than anything. Their parents were the most magical to exist if they didn't want them, they didn't have to have them. It was a ploy to create a child more powerful than themselves to break the barrier, all three attempts failed. "More than the product of vanity." She said looking at Evie, "or a built-in slave," she finally turned to Carlos. "We are so much more and we're gonna prove that today yeah?"

"Yeah," they all answered sternly and determinedly.

There was a quick knock, and they raised an eyebrow, so Jay opened it, "what do you want."

On the other side was Hayden, "Um is Holly here I stopped by her dorm, and no one answered."

"Holly it's for you."

She groaned and stood next to Jay, "What?"

He was stuttering and Holly realized he had a crate in his hands, "My parents prayed to lord Heracules and lady Megara because they wanted to give you and Hadie a present you know as a sort of peace offering since we all know how angering my sister could be," Holly nodded along like she was thinking the same thing. He held out the crate and when Holly looked inside a twisted smile, she really couldn't produce any other kind, made its way to her face.

She made a small squealing sound that she would deny having made for the rest of her days, "Oh my souls I love him. Hadie come here," She looked up at Hayden with what he could tell was her trying to give him a nice smile.