Lights in the Dark

Hadie knew since he was a toddler that his life was going to be miserable, not only was he living in a floating island prison for a crime he didn't commit, but the mortals weren't even sure that Hades had committed the crime. It was a deific matter that mortals should have never concerned themselves with. His parents hated each other, and Maleficent didn't even want him. He was her most powerful child, Mal and Holly had failed, two of the came about instead of one making their magic split and them weak in comparison to the success that was Hadie. But when he too failed to get them off the isle and the crystal collar was slapped on him, he tossed him out and took Mal leaving Holly and Hadie with their father. 

He couldn't get to mad, him and Holly defiantly got the better end of the deal. They were loved where Mal was tolerated. His first hint that his life would be hell was when he was told exactly what the collar was and why Hades couldn't get it off him or Holly who was wearing one around that time as well. It broke the gods heart to be so powerless against his children's pain. He did his best to make it bearable for them using what little magic he still had to sooth the burning feeling they all had in their necks, that included Mal when she escaped her mother and came to visit. He was always exhausted afterwards but hid it from them well. 

The next was when he was eight. Hades didn't need to eat but he and Holly did. Hades wasn't the best cook, so the chore of meals fell on Holly who was more than happy to comply. They were given the same amount as everyone else on the isle, which wasn't much, despite their godly metabolisms being much higher, it constantly felt like their stomachs were trying to eat themselves. He had complain one night about still being hungry after dinner. before Hades could explain to him why he couldn't have more Holly shoved her plate to him claiming she wasn't hungry anyway. 

When he was ten and vented to Mal about getting picked on because of his collar she reminded him that powers or not he was part god, that in another life these people would be bowing down to him and asking him for favors. She boosted his confidence, taught him how to fight and bring his opponents to their knees. She taught him how to make them remember what he was. 

Needless to say, he knew his life was a wreck, but his family had always been a light in his dark life. they were all he really had. He had friends but just enough to make it look like he had a social life. He would much rather just keep to himself and read a book. He figured he wouldn't have much time for that Auradon because everyone would be so friendly and want to talk despite him being the child of the god of the underworld. 

He got so lucky.

Hye didn't like people just as much as Hadie didn't like people, so they didn't get in each other's way. They both kept to themselves. Hadie usually read in their dorm and Hye listened to music on headphones or asked if he was intending to play his guitar. "Do you know how to play?" Hye asked one day tuning the instrument. 

Hadie looked up from his book and shook his head, "No, my sister taught me how to play the Lyre when we were in grade school but that's all." 

Hye smirked making his guitar disappear, "do you have it with you?" He nodded not exactly sure where this was going, the young God pulled out his phone, "Come on bring your Lyre." 

He raised an eyebrow, "Where and why? I don't like people; I'm not playing for these overzealous humans." He sneered. 

"Yeah, I don't really like humans much either I tend to stay away, play or listen to music but Ariel has been trying to get me to join band," Hye said tapping his chin. "Meaning she gives me free reign of the music room when there's no class. You play the lyre; I can play an aulos and I recently taught Chole how to play a syrinx. Let's go play ancient music and make it seem like we have powers that they know not," he said the last part in an exaggerated posh voice.