Chapter Nine

As soon as Alec left the training room to go speak with Jace, Teigen's work phone began to ring. Handing Clary her pole, Teigen took her phone out from her jacket pocket, pressing the answer button.

"This is Officer Fray, can I help you?"

"Teigen, thank god. I've been trying to reach you the whole day."

Teigen rolled her eyes and fished out her other phone out of her other pocket, seeing that Alex had indeed been trying to contact her for the past three hours.

"It's only twelve thirty-seven."

Teigen could almost hear Alex's dismissive handwave.

"Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that you are a total dick for ditching me and leaving me for Peterson."

Teigen rolled her eyes again, looking up and catching Alec's inquiring gaze as he entered the training room. Holding up a finger, Teigen turned around to continue her conversation.

"Sorry Lexie, Rabb gave me back C-shift last night. I also told him not to give you Peterson, but apparently, Monroe is out sick and he needed a partner."

Alex swore loudly and Teigen held the phone away from her ear until she stopped, looking over at Alec and grinning when she caught his eye as he flipped Clary onto her back.

"Hey Tug, was that Clary I just heard?"

Teigen glanced at Alec in a panic and he shrugged, nodding his head at her phone. Glaring at him and mouthing 'You're no help, ' Teigen turned back around.

"Uh yeah, Clary was just at a boyfriend's house, staying with him and his adopted brother and sister since Jocelyn was being overprotective. I called Rabb and told him that he didn't have to circulate her 'missing person' file, still no sign of Jocelyn though."

Alex sighed on the other side of the phone, tapping her nails against something wood. "That's good Tug, I'm sorry about your mo-Jocelyn though. I know you two aren't close, but it still must hurt."

"Thanks, Lexie."

"Anytime my red-headed friend. Anyway, what're you doing with her, I heard her hit the ground."

Teigen smirked and sat down on a bench outside the training room. Watching as Alec put Clary on her ass again and again.

"Her boyfriend's adoptive brother and I are teaching her self-defence since her boyfriend is a cocky man-whore and I want to make sure she doesn't get hurt if he decides to get violent."

Alec glanced at her and shook his head with a soft smile, ducking underneath Clary's wildly swung pole and sweeping her legs out from under her, pushing the end close to her throat, forcing her to yield once more.

"Sounds fun Tug. Well, I have to go now, Robby and Catherine want to know when they can sit for Snuffles again. Make sure you take your medicine, Rabb needs everyone on high alert tonight, apparently there has been some unrest in your section lately."

Teigen smiled and scratched behind Snuffles' left ear.

"Will do Lexie, see you at the meeting tomorrow."

Hanging up the phone, Teigen turned and saw Alec on his phone, a light blush covering his cheeks. Spinning around, Teigen scanned the training room, looking for Clary.

Seeing nothing, Teigen jogged towards the dormitories, seeing Clary's room empty when she pushed open the door. Alec jogged up and Teigen shook her head, closing the door behind her.

Alec ran a hand down his face and sighed. "Shall we?"

Teigen rolled her eyes at his offered hand but took it nonetheless. "We shall."