ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ - ᴀ.ᴍ.

Hykeem

Hykeem.

After my last period class i left school, going home alone. I didn't have any friends in that class, Polo wasn't picking me up today because he had work and Tjay went m.i.a after lunch ended so i had no one to wait around for. That was one of the many downsides of living in the rich part of town, everyone lived on the other side of town. In this city there were three main areas, the hood or the slumps, the ghetto rich neighbor where all the criminals with their dope money stay at-Tecca lives round there-and where i lived. it was one of the only gated communities in the whole city.

I plugged my airpods into my ears blasting whatever played, deciding to go home by foot for the exercise. My neighborhood wasn't close but it wasn't far either, i could run there in thirty minutes and walking my normal speed was forty-five minutes. My shuffled playlist was hitting so hard that i started punching. [A/N: idk if its just a Caribbean thing but punching means going fast, for me] I reached home with two minutes to spare from my estimated time. Opening the door to my room after walking upstairs i sighed. I dropped my backpack onto my bed, then took off my hoodie and headed to my bathroom. This big house was so dark and lonely at times. It didn't help that in my bathroom there was a phone on the wall that no one ever called, no one being my mother as she was the only one that had the number to it. If i could move that off the wall it'd make a great bath bomb.

I ran the water, taking off my jeans and hopping into the tub. As i stared at all of the candles on the side of my tub but my eye started to twitch, noticing that there were fewer than i left. And my favorite candle was one of the missing ones, i suspected that Taurus had used the last one. Damn it, now i was left with funfetti birthday cake and tooty fruity. Funfetti it is, i lit up the candle and proceeded to sit back and relax in the tub. I almost fell asleep after a while of relaxing, but my phone buzzed pulling me out of my sleep ridden daze.

I picked it up not checking the caller ID. "A new shipment just came in." I took the phone from my ear looking at the number a little confused until i caught myself. With an 'oh' i answered back to the person on the other end of the line. "Yall do home delivery?" I didn't feel like leaving my house at the moment.

"Yall? You from Texas now?" I rolled my eyes, cracking a smile as the other male laughed.

"I gotchu though, fam." And with that we ended the call. Still feeling sleepy, i got out of the bath to get dressed in something casual. I put on some silver and gray Nike shorts, a baby blue hoodie that had Pac on it, a gold cuban link bracelet and a gold necklace with a locket on it that had my deceased pops' picture inside. It wasn't nothing serious, just some minor drip for a minor meet up.

Just when i finished dressing the doorbell rang, with a sudden burst of energy i ran down the stairs to get it. Opening the door i was met with the goofy smile of my friend and plug, Cardo who worked at the convenient store a while away from Polo's place. I invited him in and we went upstairs to discuss business and allat. Getting into my room he pulled out a pound of weed to which i didnt even bat an eye. I just sat on the floor turning on my game.

"You going back to work?" Cardo shook his head, dropping down next to me and grabbing a controller. He threw the pound to me and i got up to put it in my stash. Coming out of my things, i pulled out a pre-roll and told him to choose a game. Settling back down on the floor and lighting up my blunt, i sucked my teeth, of course this nigga chose 2K. I passed him a band, even though the weed costed a little less. I told Cardo to consider the rest as a friend's support for his business. I picked up my controller, picking my team. After a few minutes of smoking together, playing 2K and completely raging i kissed my teeth, quitting.

"Yo, you are shittyyy!" Cardo cackled turning my ps4 off. I kissed my teeth for the ten thousandth time today, and biting my lip in playful annoyance. He put his arm around my shoulder and i shrugged it off getting up and flailing my hands in anger, "fuck you, you had Kobe!" I put a finger up in the air for him. "Rip to the goat."

"And you had LeBron," Cardo said. I ran a hand through my hair, sighing. "The set just wasn't it ight." He laughed some more.

"Mane either help me pick out something for tonight or get outta my house." Cardo agreed, opening up my closet and pulling things out. "This jersey looks new. You should wear it, its nice." He held up a blue baseball jersey with a black strip going down the middle for me to see. He knew just as well as me that if i didn't break that in soon i wouldn't wear it ever, it was a bad habit that i got from my mother.

I took it from him and laid it on my bed, watching Cardo go through my closet some more. He pulled out some blue and gold Jordan 12s to go with the jersey along with gray and black acid washed ripped jeans. The fit was fire already, even with any diamonds to make it shine but i still thought it needed a little extra drip. I'd deal with that on my own later.

Putting everything on my bed, Cardo and i agreed that this was the move. We dapped each other up and i walked him to the front door. As i reached for the handle of the door it swung open and Taurus' stone face silently greeted me before he caught eyes with me. Once he did, Polo's mood brightened and a smile spread across his face. As he came inside Cardo slid out behind him, running down the driveway, yelling his goodbyes and doing a heel click. His extra ass. Polo shrugged him off, not even acknowledging that he was here. Without saying a word to me Taurus handed me a bag with the store name marked out. I tried to ask him what it was but he simply shook his head at me, pushing my hands to continue and open it. I removed the paper from the inside, grabbing a box that was at the bottom of the bag and opened it. I gazed up at Polo, a little taken back. Inside the box was a fully iced out gold watch and a gold cuban link chain that matched my bracelet.

"Polo-"

"That's just a little summin to celebrate tonight, don't sweat it." He grinned, "Now go get dressed!" He beamed, watching me put the box back in the bag. With glassy eyes i hugged him tightly before turning around and running up the stairs. I put on the outfit that Cardo helped me pick out coming down and going into the living room to see that Taurus was now ready too. As always he was dripped up to the max, and his outfit looked amazing too.

"You look great!" Taurus yelled jumping up and down again. "You don't look so bad yourself," i smiled.

"Come on let's go," Taurus exclaiming grabbing me by the hand and rushing out the door. He was probably rushing me out of the house before i could change my mind. The both of us piled into his car and got onto the road in an instant. We drove for a good while, singing along to any song we knew that played on the radio.

As we pulled up, Polo turned down the radio. I sat in the car and stared at Tjay's house, it was booming with loud music as colorful lights flickered wildly. I was a little nervous about going in, but Polo saw this as an opportunity to lecture me. He decided he'd go over some ground rules with me but i thought to myself-tuning him out. "I know i just got here but damn do i wanna go home."

~

Ahaha,,,, ight ight ight. This chapter was a little melo but thats just to get yall ready for this next chapter. Yall got a whole monday to prepare before i post it!🥵🤪💙

First time posting in a minute... Kinda nervous🥴👉🏾👈🏾 anyway hope yall enjoyed💀💙