Chapter 56: The Roundabout

Song Quote: The Other Side
"Don't you wanna get away from the same old part you gotta play? 'Cause I got what you need So come with me and take the ride It'll take you to the other side. 'Cause you can do like you do Or you can do like me
Stay in the cage, or you finally take the key
Oh, damn! Suddenly you're free to fly It'll take you to the other side."
~~~

Your Pov:
Do you ever wake up some days with a bad feeling? The kind where you feel like something is gonna happen.
Of course most of the time it's anticipation that something big or small will disrupt an otherwise good day.

It's completely unprompted. Maybe it's just instinct and you're preparing for the worst.

Today is one of those days. And when your powers react to such feelings and emotions, there's never any room for relaxation.

You've had a lot on your mind. Neuro digging up fragmented memories only brought more questions than answers. 

In one fragment, you actually got an interaction with your mother. Those illusions, and the way she sculpted blue light into figures and creatures. Was that a form of magic?

It was the first time you've ever seen it practiced. It was beautiful. The ability to take nothing but pure energy and change it to whatever you want...

That would mean she's a sorceress...

Your thoughts trailed back to the picture with Morgana. The dots connecting yet only missing one little piece.

You also remembered that vision you saw yesterday. The one that caused you and Neuro's eyes to glow and almost render your entire body paralyzed.

It still doesn't feel real. Every time you think back on the vision, a chill would run up your spine.

Something about it isn't right. It was like you were looking through someone else's eyes because your senses were dull and muffled.
Whoever it was, you or another person, the person was in agony. Yet you didn't feel any of it. Like you were just an outsider looking in.

"(Y/n) are you alright?" Lloyd asked, nudging your shoulder and snapping you out of your deep thinking.

You flinched, snapping back to the current scene. "Oh, uh, yeah." You nodded and gave Lloyd a thin lined smile. A terrible attempt to mask that something's bothering you. Get a grip (Y/n)...

"The match is starting" He gestured to the two opponents standing opposite from each other.

"Skylor, Master of Amber, versus Jacob, Master of Sound!" Chen introduced the fighters.

"Fight!"

You kept eyes on Skylor, observing the Master of Amber very closely. Something about her sticks out, despite her shifty demeanor. 

She's the type to not want the spotlight, yet she will catch your attention and keep it.

Skylor hummed to herself as she pointed the top of her spear at the surrounding vases. "Eenie, meanie, minie, mo, catch a Jade Blade by its toe!" 

She threw her weapon and shattered a very expensive looking vase. Sheesh. Chen really loves throwing his money around.

Skylor quickly retrieved the bow and arrows from the broken remains of the vase.

Sneaking around The Master of Sound, she drew her bow and shot the arrows his way. Jacob swiftly avoided them.

Balancing on an arrow embedded into a pillar, he used it to his advantage. Jacob charged up his sitar, sending a high pitched noise her way.