Chapter Eight

"Hey, Matty!" A familiar voice greets in an accent that resembled Sylvester Stallone, "and Daniel"

The man stands in front of his chair and grins. He wears a tuxedo, with his blonde hair combed to the side.

"Hey, Chace" I smile as he sat down beside me, "how you been?"

"Good good" Chace licked his lips, "very good" he smirks as though he has a secret.

"What?" Daniel furrows his brows in confusion.

"Hey, babe," says a very pregnant woman that wears a deep red dress.

She takes a seat next to Chace. I almost didn't recognize her.

"Demi" Daniel's eyes widen.

"Surprise!" Chace laughs.

Demi smiles then looks over to me.

"Hey, Matt how you doing?" She raises a brow.

Talking to Demi has always made my heart beat a little quicker. Tonight she has a deep neckline and her hair is a different colour.

"You know" I shrug, remembering the events that had taken place years earlier.

"You look hot in that tux baby" Demi whispered in my ear, "so hot you should take it off"

That year was mistake after mistake after mistake. I slept with one of my best friend's girls. What the hell was I thinking?

That night ruined my life.

"Yeah, I do" Demi smirks then looks over to Ashley and her fiance Adam who take a seat around the table.

Ashley was part of the gang at Riverside along with Brody and Angie and Tori and Johnathan, Chace, Sam and Anna. We all haven't been together in the same room in years.

"Matt, how are you?" Ashley smiles in my direction, "how's work and everything?"

"It's all going well" I assure, taking a sip of my champagne.

"So where are the others?" Ashley asks.

"At table Three" Noah answers.

"That's odd why didn't Anna put our tables near each other?" Ashley folds her arms in disappointment.

"Cause Sam's on that table" Noah explains quickly.

Ashley's eyes widen. "Sam's back in town?"

"Speaking of the devil, are you going to continue the story?" Daniel nudges me.

Not in front of everybody, I won't. They've all heard it more times then I can count.

"What story?" Demi questions, sparking everyone's attention.

"The story of Sam and Matt," Daniel tells everyone.

Chace laughs. "What part of the story are we up to?"

"They just did it at the top of an abandoned building" Daniel explains.

"You mean your hotel?" Ashley looks over to me.

"Your hotel?" Daniel's eyes almost pop out of their sockets.

Noah rolls his eyes. "Daniel, the story is very simple and not long at all, Sam is a self-centred bitch who has been playing the victim since she was a kid—"

"He's not wrong" Ashley drinks her champagne.

Daniel slaps his hands over his ears like a child.

"Stop it with the spoilers" he begs.

I roll my eyes.

"Anyway, things started to change with Sam after we had a bad fight" I start slowly. "We had been dating for almost a year...."